Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vermin Shooting - Dublin and surrounding areas

• 27-05-2022 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

I live in Dublin but my game gun club membership is up north so getting the time to shoot is proving very difficult and I miss it a lot.

I'm looking for opportunities to shoot in Co Dublin or surrounding counties e.g. South Meath/Louth, North Kildare etc. I'm happy with Vermin shooting, rabbits, pigeons, magpies, grey crows, foxes etc. I would of course be happy to join a gun club and make an active contribution if the opportunity presented itself.

I'm trustworthy and responsible and having grown up on a farm understand the importance of being respectful of other peoples property. I am fully insured. Any offers or connections made would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭JP22

Google is your best friend here.

Google game clubs/game shooting/game conservation clubs/gun clubs etc and you should find links to club webpages (some-not all), don’t forget to do same on facebook.

You could also send a mail query to NARGC or Kildare Regional Game & Wildlife Council and hopefully they can give you a list of clubs in your locality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Chatterman

Thanks for your response. I might try the NARGC as I'm a member already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

I hope you've better luck then when I tried to get into a club through the NARGC.

While they were nice people, the bottom line was that I wasn't from the local parish, so I wasn't going to even get a hearing from any of the game clubs.

Very disappointing, when you hear many of the same hunting lads talking about wanting to grow the sport, help develop their clubs etc.

I'd suggest that you start going for a drive on a Saturday, identity the locations where you'd hope to be allowed to shot, then start politely ringing a few door bells, and ask for permission. Bring your licences and insurance with you, and offer to shoe them to each farmer or land owner, if they engage. No guarantee, but it's probably time better spent, than asking the NARGC to get you into a game club, imho.

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement