Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found my old pre-smart phone sim cards, is there any way to access them?

• 28-05-2022 1:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

or was there anything even stored on them in the first place? had no idea i had them, found while doing a house clean & wondering if i've any old photos on them

think they're from around 2008-2010, can't remember the phone, one of the earlier camera phones. not rly sure if there's any cheap types these phones even still going

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Sim cards would really have storage for some contacts, not really photos.

If you really want to put them in a (say) microsim phone, you could try cutting the chip out.

They're hardly the original credit card size ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

All that was generally stored on SIM cards in the early days was contacts and text messages, and I think even by 2008-2010 the latter wasn't true. I've memories of people having to delete text messages to make space for new incoming ones on really early phones, predating cameras, etc. being built in.

I doubt you've anything worth recovering on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭vafankillar

cheers, i'm not much of a phone buff for some reason i had thought more stuff was stored on sim cards back in the day

tho actually time scale is probably wrong lol, probably a bit earlier like 2005-2008, you'd forget how long smart phones have been about

Advertisement