Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an electric bike for use with trailer.

Options
  • 28-05-2022 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi, I'm relatively new to cycling but I've been looking for knowledge in buying ebikes to help pull my trailer.

Will an ebike help with this? my trailer has a weight capacity of 110lbs but I never use that only around 20-30 pounds weight.

I'm just wondering If I'd damage the ebike doing that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's only an extra 15kg so i can't see it haven't that detrimental an effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Think e-bikes all have more robust construction than standard bikes, so if it's ok for a standard bike, should be fine for an e-bike, whether seat post- mounted or axle level-mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I use one with an ebike for towing a large dog or groceries. You'll reduce the battery range a little with a trailer but it does allow you to accelerate quickly. It's fantastic for going uphills with a load. Just keep an eye on the brake pads and chain as they will wear out a little quicker due to towing a trailer.

Advertisement