Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are weber bbqs worth the price?

• 28-05-2022 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Undecided between this weber bbq -https://www.theorchard.ie/weber-spirit-ii-e-210-gbs-gas-barbecue/

Or this from homestore &more - https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/bbq/master-cook-classic-500-5-burner-gas-barbecue/066033.html

Is the weber worth the extra money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

The Weber has only two burners and the master cook has 4. Not a fan of a 2 burner bbq myself, how many will you be bbq for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There’s lots of solid youtube reviews on BBQs that would be worth looking at. Weber are expensive but they make a solid, durable BBQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Well, your Weber’s a two burner while Mastercook’s a five burner so do you really need the extra three burners? If so, then a five burner Weber’s going to cost you €1500+

Is it worth an extra grand? It will last you many more years but you will have to replace very expensive Weber parts regularly that could buy you a new Mastercook.

As such the bbq section is just 4 burners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i had the 6 burner home store version a few years ago. it lasted about 2 years before some of the the internals started to fall apart, replaced the gas channels and got another 18 months out of it before the flavouriser bars and burner bars started to go.

I got a display model weber genesis II for €750 from the co-op store 2 years ago, the build quality is in a different league. I don't expect to have to replace any parts any time soon, if ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We're a family of four and the odd time will have visitors we'll cook for. Infrequent though. So is 2 burners enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

No. Feeding six people will need at least three burners if you all want to eat at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

OK so weber is out. Really can't afford to spend 800+on a bbq. I don't think we'd get value for money.

You need to decide is it stainless or cast iron grates you want and choose from there.

A cheap stainless grate 3 burner off Vida xl for example for an occasional user will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

I went with a 5 burner Mastercook. Have it 6++ years now. The trick is get a GOOD weatherproof cover for it if outside. Clean it every month when in use. I only mainly use first 3 burners. If I have a Fáil ... I can move to no’s 3 -5 down the line. I had to do repairs but got parts off Amazon and all good.

Just fired her up yesterday And started first time. Gave it a good clean again and threw on the burgers.

Have moved back to charcoal last year with this baby and love it....

• Advertisement
Advertisement