Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How late is too late for children playing outside?

Options
  • 28-05-2022 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

The kids in my area are out until 10:30 - 11pm at night and they're only 6-12 years old. Is that too late for kids to be out? The screaming is unreal when you're trying to watch a movie or sleep for work. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old and cranky or...what do you think? Should there be some law and order against this type of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

In the door by 7.30 on a school night. Their parents must be drug or alcohol users.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

It is summer I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not getting old and cranky 🙂. 9.30 to 10pm would be the latest especially in an estate. Not everyone works 9-5 Monday to Friday. Have to be aware that neighbours could be on shiftwork, elderly, sick and even just want some peace and quiet at night.

I don't know but kids screaming their heads off for hours seems to be the thing these days. The louder the better especially during during the lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,507 ✭✭✭✭walshb

6-12… bit of a spread there. Younger ones 8 pm max Id say. Older ones, 9:30 max

Advertisement