Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM makes a move

Options
  • 29-05-2022 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

Virgin in broadband network deal with Siro as it changes strategy

Media giant to offer its services via ESB-Vodafone’s fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband network

"Analysts said the move represents a major shake-up of the local market" Not really, it's a great and clever move on VMs part but a "major shakeup" I'd have to doubt that, it's just a ripple "in the force" for now.

Perhaps VM will start offering comparable speeds on their cable network?

What if the two services are available in the same area (urban) will any upgrade path be offered to current cable customers?

What will the pricing be like (rhetorical)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I would imagine if Virgin Media Network is available to your property they won't provide it's services to you via Siro. A complete guess on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I wonder will Virgin be opening their network for other companies to use as part of the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

Remember reading last year that as part of them offering FTTH, that would be something they would do... Don't know if this is related though...

Advertisement