Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you screwed in Divorce court

Options
  • 29-05-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I recently went to divorce court and it didn't go in my favour there are a lot of factors that it didn't and I am at peace to let the money part of it go, it would cost me more to get the money back from a money orientated narissist that was my husband than I would gain from appealing. The part that really floored me was about the girls, we have 2 teenage girls and even though he has never taken advantage of all of the access that I have previously given him the girls are a burden to him he won't let them do what hey want to do when they are with him, he rules and everything they do are an inconvenience to him, he is a bully but they pander to him all of the time. I have tried to protect them as much as possible but I end up at the tail end of verbal abuse maintaining I am trying to keep HIS kids from him (he always declare ownership of them - this scumbag when he used to make them something to eat used to take a bit from the food whatever it was first before giving it to them, I seen this as a dog pissing on their territory to claim ownership of it) I hold my hands up in divorce court I had really bad representation everybody that had represented me for the precious four years was gone by 10 days before my court hearing and I had absolutelly no consultation with barrister until 40 mins before I was due in court which completely sidelined me so I stayed quiet in court and did not defend myself or the girls, he on the other hand was very animated and Lied his way through court part of which he was found out in court but the judge let him away with it. He got extra access to them and this has floored the girls my eldest who is 16 cries every time she has to go with him and I feel like I am bound by the court. I have always previously lied on their behalf to keep them from his abuse but now a judge tells me I can't or else I am breaching court order. Ii am at the end of my tether. I would love to bring perjury application against him as he has lied under oath on 5 occassions that I can prove with documentation but the courts are not interested which allows him to be right. He is a NARCISSIST that believes that whatever he says out loud is true because he says it and it never is it is always lies. I am so frustrated would welcome anybody else who has experienced the same. By the way this guy would not agree to a seperation for 5 years because he was financially secure and I was his ATM machine to allow him to pursue a career in Music while I worked my arse off to support the home and family. He ended up so angry that I wanted a seperation he progressed his verbal and emotional abuse to a a physically violent one and I had to get a barring order against him, it was at that point he applied for a divorce.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement