Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin in broadband network deal with Siro

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bit surprised at this.

What are Virgin going to offer via Siro that the existing Siro providers cannot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Probably nothing but you might find customers happier to stick with a name they know and have had a good experience with in the past. I've had Virgin broadband for the past 11 or 12 years and in all that time I could count on one hand - with it with a few fingers left over - the number of times I've had an issue. All going to plan, I'm due to be moving house in a few months and the new place doesn't have Virgin but it does have SIRO available so I'd certainly be interested in staying with Virgin if they're launching this. Granted since they'd just be a reseller a lot of potential issues would be out of their control so the service might not be as good but I've heard a lot of horror stories about some of the other resellers so I'd be happier staying away from some of them.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Most of the existing SIRO providers only offer broadband and telephone. I would guess that Virgin would be looking to also offer their television service. Would be interesting to see how it affects prices. Their broadband / phone prices for a 500 MB service is 50 a month, but you can get offers of 35 per month from several providers.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't think Virgin could do this, not without changing how their television service works.

They would need to basically create an IPTV offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They have IPTV already on test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭JDxtra

< message is deleted >

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Advertisement