Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Ash Tree Concerns, Options

Options
  • 30-05-2022 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All , just thought I ask for Thoughts or advice.

I have this very Tall Ash Tree, must be over a 100 feet Tall and in a very Tight spot . Proximety my House and one of my sheds is a real concern. There are signs of Ash Die Back but it's not gotten worse over a number of years and there is still excellent foliage on the Tree. The Trunk at a guess is shy of 2 feet wide and very healthy.

So my concern is stability, proximity from house and to shed., it's also quite close to road.

It would require professional Tree surgeon to remove , I'm not even sure I can remove the Tree. Costs would be substantial but I wonder if there is any value to anyone to cover the cost of removal. I want to reiterate, I'd rather not remove, but genuinely concerned about proximity and Ash Die Back.

I'm based in Midlands, Slieve Bloom mountains.

PM's welcome and advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Dull morning so apologies for quality of photo's.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement