Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyspraxia - Best Health Insurance

Options
  • 31-05-2022 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi folks

My daughter has DCD and our current VHI plan does not cover us for physical-therapy or psychotherapy.

I was wondering if anyone on here could recommend an insurance plan that would cover the above? or anything else we might need down the line.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I can't answer your question specifically but it is my understanding that with any preexisting conditions, there is a waiting period before a new health insurance policy will provide cover, usually a couple of years. Your best bet is to contact the providers directly and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

You may find the Dyspraxia Parent Support Group Ireland Facebook group to be helpful in answering this question. There's an ADHD Irish support group on FB too where health insurance is frequently discussed and many will have dyspraxia as a co-existing condition, so someone there might be able to advise you also. I may be wrong, but I was of the impression that the pre-existing conditions exclusion generally referred to inpatient (rather than outpatient) expsnses - but again, I may be wrong on this. Best of luck

Advertisement