Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA affiliate

• 31-05-2022 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm delighted to say I'm an affiliate but need to complete the PER to become a member.

Does anyone know how long I can be an affiliate or if there is a time limit to it (I'm enjoying not having to do exams and/or CPD)?

I'm basing my freedom from CPD on a rumour that no CPD is necessary until you qualify as a member, is this true?

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭thefa

Don’t have the exact answers to your queries, probably worth reaching out directly to ACCA on. I was newly promoted and happy with the company when I completed my exams and took the most of a year before submitting all the PER, using the new role to cover off some of the objectives. Had no CPD to complete during that time.

PER are not onerous at all when you get into them. Nothing compared to studying. Worth plugging away at them when after the rest and get them out of the way. Better job opportunities as newly qualified.

Advertisement