Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy or transfer question

Options
  • 31-05-2022 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi All

just looking for a bit of advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation.

My company is leaving the market and offering me redundancy or transfer of my role to company that is taking over operations with same terms and conditions. I am torn on what to do . My salary is 40k and redundancy on offer is around the same number . I have never taken redundancy before .

During Covid I moved home from Dublin to a rural town , bought a house with partner and currently work from home . I will not be moving back to Dublin and the role on offer will probably be blended working 2/3 days a week .

My partner also works . My fear is what seems like an impending recession or downturn and rurally it is and will be much harder to find a position in my area which is with a financial institution.

On one hand I know l will probably never be handed that amount of money into my hand again but on the other I am fearful of being left unemployed longer or indefinitely.

Has anyone made a similar decision or have any advice on the wisest move ?

Thank you

Advertisement