Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV screen protector

Options
  • 31-05-2022 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all any help with this matter I'd really appreciate it, I'm looking to purchase some kind of tv screen protector.

I have 3 children with Autism, and they can get quite hyper, and unfortunately have had 4 broken tv screens in the last 18 months. luckily i had them insured.

I know perspex will affect the viewing quality but needs must.

I've been searching online and some places are looking for over €350 per screen protector.

I have 55inch and a 43inch tv. any suggestions

on what i could use would be great.

Tks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

yiu could try signage companies, they might be able to cut clear Perspex sheet to the overall dimensions of the TVs, yiu could attach it with double-sided tape. You’re right about picture quality, and Perspex is comparatively soft, prone to scratches and whatnot, but it’s an option and likely to cost far less than the amount you mentioned.

Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭MakersMark

I've used 365plastics in Ashbourne.

They have many grades of acrylic and polycarbonate sheets and will cut to size.

I used their poly c for replacement patio table glass, but it is optically very clear.

I did have to chamfer the corners and edges myself...just 2 mins with sand paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Thanks so much for your replies,

really appreciate it.

Tks

Advertisement