Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used weselltopsoil or thegardendepot.ie?

Options
  • 01-06-2022 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Just wondering has anyone used these sites before?

They seem to be based in the exact same location so I assume it's the same business/people.

I was looking for tonne bags of veg soil for raised beds and they seemed the most reasonable and were one of the few that delivered nationwide.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the delivery charges are more than the soil though; €80 delivery to clare, which i assume is the cheapest delivery charge, €100 to galway etc.

where are you? we bought a bag off mulch.ie in dublin and the soil was more expensive, but delivery was €40 (also dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Cheers, down in the sunny south east.

I must take a look at mulch so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Flynns Dungarvan have the tonne bags and deliver around the are for free bags are just shy of €90, top soil isn't too bad. A lot of big builders merchants/hardware stores will sell soil in bags because its just another tonne bag material to deliver as most will already be delivering sand and gravel that way.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect they will charge handsomely to deliver to you, alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

They have the same company registered number and are part of https://www.grupacasey.com/

Would very much recommend checking what courier they use for delivery. A lot of these use Fastway, which then depends on the mood of the driver as to where your bags get dropped.

If you have a local hardware store, they likely will provide a similar service at a similar price and likely have cheaper delivery costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I recently got 80/20 mixed screened topsoil delivered for raised beds in South East. From Tommy Williamson, they're located near Enniscorthy. Five bags for €300 delivered. I reckon each bag had over ton in each. The lorry driver was very accommodating in dropping them over my back wall etc. Its worth giving them a call maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Thanks all. Some great suggestions there.

Advertisement