Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Name

Options
  • 01-06-2022 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently married and changed my surname but I wasn't going to change my name on my bank account as it means updating any DD's I have with companies. Is it essential to change my name to my married name? I have changed my name on other documents like passport and drivers licence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It's not essential to update the name on your account to your married name but if you wish to do so please see below.

How do I change my name on my accounts? | Bank of Ireland

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Thanks Declan. I just wondered if I didn't change it, would it effect anything in the future, like applying for a loan etc.? Obviously I have my marriage cert so can prove my maiden name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

No, that's fine.

It would only make any difference if you had any other accounts under your married name.

It's completely your choice if you wish to keep the account as it is or update it to the married name.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

That's great, thank you for your help.

Advertisement