Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Joanne Byrne just on Claire Byrne and if I heard correctly, she said it will be unseasonably cold over weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

My brother can't breathe in Madrid coz it's 40c and Spanners are all gone strict on air con.

I'll take 14c n cloudy any day. I'd say July or August will give us the heat we crave eventually. Could actually come late this year. Looking at forecasts on YouTube they show May June and early July below normal temperatures over Ireland and then next quarter warmer. Think I saw it on Gavs videos.

As I do a lot of running cloudy n cool(but not wind) suit me. But wife n kids are asking me wheres the sun n heat coz they think I'm in control of the weather coz I'm obsessed with it.

I must be the only person in Ireland who looks at Arctic sea ice extent first thing every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd far rather 16 or 17 over 40c.

My wife is Chinese and her hometown in central China gets to these kind of temperatures in summer and its just utterly energy sapping. She thinks Irish summers are fantastic!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Trying to pack for a few days camping in the west. My god the stress of it. It could be really windy, really cold, really sunny. The only thing that there isnt forecast to be much of is a lot of rain.

I too would take that over 40C any day of the week. I dont like when it goes over 25 tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

High of 25C predicted for Friday (work BBQ for me!) here, then a drop to 12-14C for Saturday!

• Advertisement

I see Fridays ecmwf suggestions have found their way onto met Éireans app

Arklow peak Friday 19c

Gorey 10 kms sth of Arklow and 3kms inland Peak 21c

Carnew Co Wicklow about 6kms inland of Gorey peak 26c

There must be a gale force Sea breeze coming in the east/southeast

The fax charts are a bit meh for Friday...Muggy in the east, rain in the midlands and west by midday. I suppose the sunny SE will do best.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Friday is still a bit up in the air as we are on the very edge of the plume and will be first to lose it's warmth as well. Lovely day today tho plenty of sunshine and feeling warm.

13c here but doesn't feel as cold as December did when it was 13c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

The heat from the suns radiation makes a huge difference. At least thats what Im telling myself as I head for the West!

• Advertisement

I'm only looking for 18c but in 2022 Ireland West that's too much. Wonder how is it looking for snow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A peach of a day here in Meath today, 19C here now and unbroken sunshine for much of the day althought it is starting to get a bit more cloudy now. Looks like we will see low 20s tomorrow, Thursday and maybe the first half of Friday before the temperatures start plunging as the cold air moves in from the north-west on Friday afternoon.

Fridays warm potential is continuing to get downgraded with pretty much all of Ireland missing out on the heat with the GFS 12z, looks like tomorrow and Thursday will be the best days for some low level warmth.

A chilly Saturday and Sunday will follow everywhere, next week looks mixed but there may be a chance of a few warm days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

The Arpege is still going for it but not to the level it was yesterday. Warm first half of the day but that warmth drains away very quickly and is gone by the evening but Wexford and Waterford may hold onto the warmth for the full day.

The GEM holds onto the warmth a bit more but even there the warmth drains away as the afternoon goes on.

The GEM is also going for another heat spike early next week which is probably an outlier as the other models aren't going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well finally a nice evening where we could sit out and use the garden furniture!

It was cloudy here as well as sunny but even in shade it was pleasant and when sun actual came out, there was great heat in it.

About time!

It was always mainly a southeast thing anyway,Dunshaughlin wasn't really cutting it properly as it's too near the advancing cold front

Carnew and Tinahely Co Wicklow are still forecast 26c on met Eireanns ecm based app

It has Dunshaughlin at a peak of 23c for an hour for example but Carnew at 26 for 3 hours

The front might be delayed, you never know

I saw the sun today and it didn't rain so it goes down as a good day 9-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

So bbq on Wednesday evening then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

From a cool cloudy start to spells of nice warm sunshine in the late morning early afternoon , fine afternoon and turned cloudy and cooled down again towards early evening and finished with some late sunshine as the sun set. A grand auld Irish Summer's day!

Got up to 17.9C and currently 12.8C

Barrow Harbour near Fenit about 19.00

Pic after 22.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

12-14 for Saturday and Sunday!? Heading in to the last week in June. Brrrrr.

Thursday looking best this morning on the fax charts,with light winds and hopefully high enough pressure to allow some sun. Onshore breezes will be a thing for sure pegging back afternoon temperatures in coastal areas but inland should be warm wherever the sun comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

I wouldn’t like to be in MT’s part of the world right now. Brrr. Vanessa Williams was right, sometimes the snow does come down in June.

Looking forward to our very brief warmth. Next week it might return? Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovely morning once again with blue skies and lovely warmth from the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Is there a way to see a chart/map of temperatures for Fri on meteociel.fr

At the moment I can’t see beyond the animation for last 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

I don't know about Fri but its a stunner out there today😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Is there a particular weather model that you want to view, be it GFS, ECMWF, ICON, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Nah, I’m not up to speed with all the various models and options and not particularly keen on investing the time to do so. I was just trying to get a more up to date temperature chart like the one presented by Gonzo above. It looks like one from meteociel and might be Arpege if I read the post correctly

Advertisement