Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

Flat calm in Arklow but cloudy and just 13.6c

Low of 12.9c

No warmth/ heat in this part of the SE today methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well I’m in a tent in Connemara listening to the rain pelting down. Glad we got it pitched before the rain started. I wasn’t expecting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Not that the forecasts show anything decent on the horizon for the rest of the month, but Epic Summer 2018 didn't get started till after June 18th. I remember this because Aussie cousins from Perth came over that Summer. Always slagging us about melting in 25ºc heat when they are used to 40ºc+ in Perth and laugh off our explanations of humidity. They attended a cool and drizzley Taylor Swift concert in Croker on June 18th in their wooly hats, scarves and winter coats that they 'Knew' they had to pack for an Irish 'Summer' holiday.

That was the one and only day they wore them because 2 or 3 days later they headed up to Galway, Summer 2018 and truly begun and they were melting in an Irish 30ºc. They had to admit it was harder to tolerate than 45ºc in Perth with a dry Freemantle Doctor. Cousins wife bumped into an old fellow Aussie workmate on the top of Lugnaquilla who also happened to be holidaying in Ireland at the time. They happened to pick a fantastic Summer to make their trip to Ireland. Other than the first 2 or 3 days after their arrival, they had wall to wall blue skies and heat for the several weeks they spent in Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Nice sunny morning Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tropical morning, 23C here in south Dublin in hazy sun with a bit of a breeze.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just driving through Loughlinstown now and car thermo saying 24c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Just can't see us getting a decent summer this year. We had one last yr,rare to get 2 in a row. Nothing too interesting for those that want a warm sunny spell for the rest of this month. Aug will be poor enough as always I'm sure. So that just leaves july. A few days warmth here and there Nothing prolonged imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

That is weird, my sister got married in late June 2018, my cousin came over from Oz and stayed a week with us in Dublin before we went over to Glasgow, was piping here, in all my years it was the warmest Glasgow had been from what I recall, my kids couldn't handlee it,even the cousin was complaining about the heat 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can feel heat in the air in Dublin. Sun needs to come out or it will miss its moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very dark and cloudy in Dublin this morning.

I think my husband is right it could rain.

Now it is warm but also breezey, we need that sun or we might not even beat yesterday's temperature.

• Advertisement

I'll never forget summer 2018 as long as I live.

It was just unbelievable waking up to those gin blue skies every day for weeks on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Persistent rain for the last few hours.

Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Pissing rain in Sligo this morning!

Suns out in Arklow now

Temp appears to be responding slowly

Breeze is SW now at 20kmh

Sea breeze kicked in now and feeling much fresher out, temperature back to an ideal (for this freckled Irishman) 21C, lovely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭boetstark

Jersey channel islands closed schools early yesterday and today due to a heat warning. Temperature expected to rise to over 33c today. We lived there for 10 years and those temps combined with sun intensity. Scorcherooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I see Dublin was the warmest spot in Ireland yesterday according to Met Eireann. 24 degrees at Phoenix Park

France and Spain will be in the oven today

Strange auld day, meant to be hottest day of year so far+ lights are on here at 10am.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A bit of a wave of heat here in Greystones. 22.0c atm. Was 20.0c just 15 minutes ago. Mostly cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Absolutely glorious morning in East Cork, easily the warmest it has been here this summer, loads of heat in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Today being the hottest day of the year went up in smoke on Wednesday when the cold front that was suppose to stay in the west until at least dis evening decided to steam roll across the country from the word go instead ruining what would have been a hot sunny day here in Dublin

The fax charts up to T+120 are not great, cool north westerlies or northerlies all the way. Not going to be very summery anywhere , particularily north and west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I'm out in the far west at the minute and last night was a November night. Howling wind and driving rain. Mad stuff for June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Today is already decided in my Sligo Summer scorelog.

It's cat. 13c and sideways misty rain.

10-7 now. One for the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Summer arrived in Cork, around crosshaven etc this morning .. Got up at 8 to enjoy the summer which finished at 10am .. Dark Grey cloud, cool, def temp drop. Looks like rain, which i think is forecast for most of the country today?

So it was a nice summer for the 2 hours or so :D

I know, earlier in week I told my husband he might be taking Fri off work so we could go to beach.

He was like now appledrop is this good weather definitely going to happen?

Thankfully I consulted with my fellow boardies and decided it might not so he didn't book day off.

Good job we could be sitting looking at rain by afternoon🤣

Smashing day in Arklow now

Nudging 22c despite the breeze and streaks of cloud making the sun milky at times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

My wife also said pauldry itl be raining on Friday not 28c like you said.

She actually forecasts the weather more accurately than me most times.

She's talking turkey overhead me now in Arklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Stunning start to the day. Warm and sunny but cloud has rolled in now unfortunately. Still warm though.

Advertisement