Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well I left the comment at 9am so....weather had changed by then I guess. I was asleep at 7am!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

literally 4 seasons in one day here..

cleared up - awful wind though.. blue skies but now black.. Cork City.. hard to know what to wear out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

I thought of you Appledrop when a gust of wind nearly blew me onto the road as I went out. It was Sunny and warm though. Maybe even 18c. I'd even take that but as was mentioned it's just the sun saying hey look at me ....byeeeeeee .. ......drip drip drip x 1000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Sunny but breezy here now great drying out there,has turned into a pleasant day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

After a rotten morning the day has improved alot, feels pleasantly warm in the sun despite the strong winds. Ground is almost completely dry again. Temperature 18C but feels about 20C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

I can't even enjoy my 'Place in the sun' daily binge anymore during the afternoon bottle feed because I'm just full of rage looking at them swanning around in the sun 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lovely here in the sheltered corner of the garden. Great warmth in the sun and the humidity is taking the edge off any bit of wind getting to me.

Celbridge

Beautiful bit of sunshine now in NCD for my few minutes of peace.

I tried reading newspaper but gave up with wind, reading a nice book instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Turned out a great day in Kerry after the cool start, sunny with a lessening breeze through the day, still a bit of a nip on the coast but very welcome sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

What counties would you define as northwest for your query? Sligo, Leitrim, Donegal, Mayo, Roscommon?

• Advertisement

Yes exactly those!

Definitely the wettest June here, since I can remember. Rain has been biblical at times. We haven't had a full day of heat or sun since the June bank holiday.

I was trying to not use the dryer to save on electricity but it has been impossible with all the rain we're getting.

Another cold day but not as windy as previous days. 12c currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Fair breeze this morning on the west coast but a bit of a reprieve from the strong winds of the last few days, temps 12-13 but feels a lot colder, intermittent showers, low cloud, yikes

Ya the good weather getting pushed back a bit on GFS so I hope we don't spend all of July chasing a warm day. Still it can't be as bad as 2 hours over 20c as June has been.

Though it's likely most days will be 14 to 20c but less rain so hope it doesn't feel as cold as this. Should be less wind too. Though average windspeed in June not highest on record out of 672 hours so far 500 of them have been breezy or windy.

Didn't think there'd be coastal erosion in Sligo in June its usually the winter storms but there has been a bit of damage to dunes in Strandhill and Rosses Point from the incessant wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Turning to be a lovely day in south Wicklow. Warm and sunny

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Not too bad of a day here in Meath so far. I think we're getting towards the end of the worst that this annoying low pressure has to offer, it's beginning to weaken slowly but surely. It will be with us for another 5 days or so but weakening all the time so rainfall shouldn't be as intense as what we saw last weekend.

Temperatures should warm up slowly from Monday and dry out as a ridge of high pressure takes control of our weather during the course of next week. By the end of next week it could be quite warm in many places.

Lowest annual maxima for NW region since 1954

1954 22.6C 01 June Claremorris

1962 22.7C 31 Aug Glenamoy

1964 23.3C 17 May Glenties

1960 23.3C 21 June Belmullet

1958 23.3C 03 July Claremorris

1985 23.4C 02 June Glenamoy

1980 23.4C 17 May Glenamoy

Meanwhile the highest to compare

2006 32.3C 19 July Elphin

2018 31.0C 28 June Glenties

2021 30.8C 21 July Mt. Dillon

2013 30.5C 09 July Elphin

1983 30.5C 13 July Claremorris

2016 30.4C 19 July Mt. Dillon

2003 30.3C 08 Aug Belderrig

And lastly, the maxima for every year since 2007 in the NW region.

2021 30.8C 21 July Mt. Dillon

2020 27.1C 01 June Newport

2019 26.5C 27 June Glenties

2018 31.0C 28 June Glenties

2017 27.2C 26 May Ballyshannon

2016 30.4C 19 July Mt. Dillon

2015 24.7C 30 June Malin Head

2014 27.4C 25 July Mt. Dillon

2013 30.5C 09 July Elphin

2012 27.8C 25 May Glenties

2011 24.7C 03 June Elphin

2010 27.1C 22 May Elphin

2009 27.5C 02 June Claremorris

2008 25.9C 28 July Ardtarmon

2007 26.9C 09 June Ballyshannon

Hope that has answered your query and then some 🙂

Lovely day here in Arklow

Man's best friend taking advantage of the shade in the garden again

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Raining Cork City brutal

• Advertisement

Wow sryan, that's fantastic work. So I'd say Mt Dillon brings up our high a lot like this year probably near 22c there and sure to go higher in July. Hopefully we get a max higher than those 22s and 24. 2011 was the freezing year now that I see your figures.

It's a bit of a blah day today in NCD.

It's not raining and not too windy so they are pluses, but it's not warm and no sun.

Would you think it was the height of summer?

Eh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Weather's been absolutely terrible tipp/limerick border all summer.

Summer hasn't started at all here and more or else Autumn in a couple weeks time.

Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Decent start to the day in East Cork but lots of heavy showers since mid morning.

The sun must have heard me it's out now🤣

Been out here for a while now in D13 closer to the coast, very clear sky but can see all the cumulus inland. Wasn't expecting this.

A lovely afternoon here in Dunshaughlin with decent sunny spells and temperatures reached 19C about an hour ago. Sat outside and had lunch outdoors for the first time since last Thursday. It has clouded over a bit more since then and turned cooler, temperature back down to 17C. Overall it's been fairly decent weather here since yesterday lunchtime and thankfully no rain or showers over the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭boetstark

I hear you. I was contradicted a few days ago and told everywhere around Limerick was dry as a bone from lack of rain.

We live in mungret and had an outdoor garden room finished first week in May. Twice we have been able to use it. Biggest waste of 11 grand

The sun didn't last long and raining again here in NCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Quite squally showers here in carrick, nice and warm in that sun but when it goes in wow you feel it

Advertisement