Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Just back from.playing golf next door to Casement this afternoon. Beautiful weather for it, though that's a 3-club sea breeze that's kicked in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Some models going for 27C tomorrow but I'm not so sure about that as tomorrow is likely to be far more cloudy than today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The trend in models seems to be spreading the heat out more next weekend and it could mean Ireland sees 27 to 30 in some places by Sunday and Monday next week. I don't see potential for the dangerous heat to spread in, too much of a marine influence, but the heat is definitely showing up further north in Britain now (at least by Monday 18th), and there is also more of a thundery breakdown scenario developing although that may all happen to the south and east of Ireland with more of a dry frontal passage during Monday.

With an extreme event like this, models may struggle a bit. Will be a memorable outcome if they are anywhere near being correct though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cloud burnt back at 3pm. Stunning Afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Funny how that goes, back to mostly sunny by 3pm.

7:05pm now and I'm waiting for my delayed train in Ennis, swelteringly hot and humid here, feels as if abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Heading home tomorrow from lanzarote. Has been very warm here today as you say. Have been here since the 29th , the last few days have been noticably warmer then the first few days I was here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Shannon reporting 26C on Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Today finally our hottest day of 2022 by far. Now top 3 are

1. Today 24c

2. 20.3c

3. 20.1c

We got 5 hours of sun but clouded over again now and tomorrow looks like mist is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yeah we found same, Fri very warm and yesterday was absolutely swelting.

We were very lucky our hotel had great shade everyday for those of us that needed it.

Still lovely and cool in evening though with that breeze, we were chatting with elderly gentleman on way back to room after dinner and he had to go back and get a light coat as it was a bit nippy for him!

We could actually see this on plane coming into land, beautiful sunshine everywhere but out by Howth etc seemed to be surrounded by sea fog.

• Advertisement

Ogimet has provisional reading of 26.2c in Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Another wonderful day in Tralee. Looking out at it now it's like a continental evening, wall to wall blue sky. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Nice breeze here this evening. Certainly helps. Looking forward to getting back tomorrow though. 12 days is more then enough for me with a sun holiday .

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1546174810614644740?t=JVa0hJp1mMaZYTFRVK9lSw&s=19

Highest temp of the year of 25.9°c recorded today in Shannon Airport.

Second highest a close 25.8°c in Athenry.

Travelling up between Clare and Galway was very clammy this evening.

Cloudy in Sligo since 8 and more cloud rolling in yet Met Eireanns forecast is saying its clear everywhere. Have we suddenly become detached and are no longer part of the island of Ireland. On further investigation I see the cloud is just the size of Sligo and Donegal. The rest of the country is in fact clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I spotted that bank of cloud moving toward the NW on satellite earlier but hadn't the heart to mention it to ye... The worm will turn soon no doubt. Generally you get great weather in May when we get cold winds off the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

What a gorgeous day. Blackhead Lighthouse this evening in Clare on my travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Maxed at 25.3c in south Laois

Markree in Sligo did very well, Paultdry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely calm night near the Kerry coast, 15.2C.

Pic at 23.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Yesterday really was a peach of a day and falling at the weekend was an added bonus. Absolutely glorious was literally gasping it in every bit of that glorious sun and light. I’d love a month of this now

Cloudy morning now in NCD but warm.

Let's hope the sun appears again later.

I've two loads of washing on line already and more to come.

The joys of coming home from holidays🤣

Layer of thick high cloud obscuring any sun that earlier came out in Galway. Very mild still.

Ya we got to 24c in Sligo yesterday and had 5 hours if sun. Seeing the end of world heat that could be possible in future 19 or 20c in Sligo will do me. Just an odd bit a sun would be nice.

Very clammy sticky humid muggy day today. Went to sleep dry but woke up wet with sweat.

Uncomfortable nights of 17c ahead

Already 24c in Dublin. A hot one likely there. Surely by the end of July some stations in Ireland will have new temperature records. Just like last July. Eeek !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Here’s hoping. It’s about time the record temp from the 1800’s is broken. Having said that I don’t want it to reach late 30s, that would be too oppressive for most of us on this island. 34 or 35 will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Could be a very decent summer yet. Certainly a dry one in the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There are so many people around with red faces and necks today. We Irish never learn 🙂

Cloud but warm in Galway.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

very warm in Dublin, currently 24 degrees. If there was less cloud, I suspect it could be up around 26 now.

Advertisement