Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A peach of a day in Meath, more in the way of sunny spells now compared to earlier and feeling very warm in that sun. currently 22C but feels warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Blue skies and sunny in Galway now. There is heat in that sun alright. Great start to the weekend.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a very dull start its improved quite alot here in Castlebar. Its now sunny and warm. And that sun is hot . Bulmers and Ice please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

The clouds broken and we have sunshine. Very very nice indeed.

Overcast all day today. Was some drizzle earlier. Not a bad day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Def spike in the temp here at 4pm before it started going down again. Could feel the sun burning and waterford weather site reads 23.9 at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just back from Zoo, perfect day for it.

Overcast for most of it but that's actually what I wanted as when you out from early morning with kids you don't want to be in sun all day.

Sun did break through this afternoon and was lovely.

Looking forward to trip to beach during the heatwave, bring it on😎👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

It’s not a heatwave though you need 5 days in a row of max 25 degrees I thought before a heatwave.

was in Spain all week my God it’s hot over there I won’t say too hot as I love the sun and heat so much but ya get the picture. Lovely to come home to warm weather here for a change and looking forward to the weekend. Good thing about being away as well was I missed the utter scutter that I’m sure the Irish media have peddled about this latest “event”

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Tomorrow looks like a fairly big jump in temperatures, 24 to 26C in many places.

However despite the very warm temperatures there will be alot of cloud around but there should be some hazy spells of sunshine in places.

Arpege is fairly similar for tomorrow

• Advertisement

Regardless of breaking records and heatwaves a 23-26c day is a beautiful day, with sun, you can do everything in pleasure. Plenty of days like that to mid September and I'm happy.

A good few days 19-22c in the second half of September is a bonus before winter.

And a really late lift is days with temps 17-20c until 20 October. Let autumn come in then.

As much as I would love a repeat of last September in terms of prolonging summer and shortening the appearance of 'our winters' I would like September to start off warm and settled and then become cool and unsettled for the remaining 3 weeks to get that IMT/CET well down on last September to try and give some hope towards a better winter. We are badly overdue a colder than average winter by 13 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Yes. Last winter was a complete no show. Winter before that was kind of half decent I suppose but apart from the beast from the east in 2018 our winters have been very poor for cold/snow since the Great cold spell of Dec 2010.

My preference over the next few months would be a warm first half of August. Cooler second half with the first hints of autumn . Then a fairly standard ( with a warmish first week or 10 days) sept and then a seasonal October.

Is that proven Gonzo by going back 35 years say, that a warm dry September really effects the winter being cold?

With the cost of home heating oil and gas etc is a cold winter really what we want? Anyway forget about winter this is high summer and a glorious evening to savour tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Tonight may get surprisingly cool in the North Midlands. Temperature only got up to 18 or 19c and a bit cooler now. Could there be a 5 or 6c min in our "heatwave"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I don't know whether it's pure coincidence or what, but colder winters regularly accompany a bad economic situation! The cold winters of 2009-2010 came in the depths of the last recession. The cold winters of the early 80s came just after the oil crisis of '79.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I know some don't want rain...but I do hope we get a lot on Tuesday into Wednesday. There is a need for the rain especially in the south eastern part of the country where the ground is really dry.

I would love thundery and warm weather.

Bit of a disappointing end to today lovely morning and it’s still lovely and warm but Jesus it’s cloudy and as we say in Ireland “like the rain”.

saw a bit of the news last night. Saw some report from possibly a pharmacist in Donegal warning people about the impeding “heatwave” and how to deal with it. Looks like the weather in Donegal today reading the other thread is pretty much not a “heatwave”.

There was showery weather predicted for Donegal but nothing like what I see on the radar. Looks properly wet up there. I didn't expect the showers across the south-west either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭boetstark

Lashing in Limerick, how to survive an Irish heatwave. Snorkel and wetsuit 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Donegal voted No to the heatwave 🙂

Very pleasant evening. Looking forward to the next couple of days.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

no sun here in Cork City since around 4pm but still warm.. there wer even a few drops of rain but literally just a few

tis just cloudy and warm now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

Bloody raining in Salthill now 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭briany

Who's needs a heatwave, anyway? 21 degrees and sunny would be optimal weather for everything you'd want to do that's Summer related, like go to the beach, have a barbecue, go to the park, do a hike or anything else pleasant and outdoorsy. Anything above that just gets nearer and nearer to oppressive, especially with the associated humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭HBC08

Raining and very warm in Castlebar, tropical and unusual.Lovely sitting out in the garden under cover watching the rain and having a beer in T shirts and shorts at near 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Currently 25° close to where I'm staying in the hills near Nice but a very humid night, currently at 92%. The villa does not have air conditioning so it's been sheets off every night but it's grand once there's a fan going. Landing back in Ireland tomorrow night so I'll be one of a minority who most likely won't be finding the upcoming nights too warm...... Silver linings and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Same here in South Kildare, 19°C and intermittent light rain, but still outside under the gazebo, feeling quite tropical alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A miserable night here in Castlebar. Dark and raining. hopefully tomorrow is better. Hope everyone gets to enjoy the heat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Monster drops of rain ,south west Dublin this is the warm front moving north ,heat dome to follow

Advertisement