Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yes it's not making it really past the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Had a few heavy showers and sunny spells in Sligo but cloudy and misty too much of the time. 20c still though and got near 23c earlier. So not the NW 13c we are used to in most of the rest of Summer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 20.2C here near Tralee, felt very warm and close with rain on and off and very low cloud. Cleared up some bit this evening and breezier feeling a bit fresher.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Derry city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Dull overcast day here, temperature got up to 22c when the Sun tried to come out in the afternoon.

Just over 2mm of rain for the day, most of which fell this morning so a duller but dryer day than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Parts of Derry are getting it very tight wrt flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Warm and sunny most of the day here in South West Dublin , fohn effect in full throttle

Highest rainfall total I can see is for the North is Magilligan 64.4mm. I checked through the met office radar, the highest rainfall rate on the graph is greater than 32mm per hour and there was a large area under that.

Strabane flooded as well, I missed the worst of it, the heaviest rain skirted past to my east but around the lifford area and Eastern inishowen were under the heaviest rate of rainfall as well.

Edit- Flood damage in East inishowen, debris on the muff road..no warnings were issued for Donegal.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

A warm sunny morning here in South West Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Warm in the sunshine. Casement and Dublin airport 22 degrees at 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Nearly as warm as yesterday here in Dublin 8 already. Blue skies however a strong breeze. Been an excellent July around here so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a big improvement today in Meath after a very wet day yesterday. Some sunshine too and feeling warm, temperature 21C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Absolutely terrible morning here in county Galway. Has been raining heavily for hours.

The North West currently getting hammered again with a deluge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

23C at Dunshaughlin, plenty of sunshine up to half an hour ago, more in the way of cloud now. could be some showers later, i'm hoping these showers will die out before they get to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭BagofWeed

No change in Cork. vile grey day like everyday here.

Heavy rain here.

Rain warning across the border again

Yellow - Rain Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry

Heavy showers or longer spells of rain with some thunderstorms likely to cause some travel disruption and flooding.

Those heavy showers crossing the midlands at the moment look like they are intensifying as they head towards Meath and Dublin. Could be a wet afternoon on the way but hoping I can somehow dodge these showers.

Rainfall rate in excess of 32mm ph today again across parts of Donegal and central ulster. My back garden is completely flooded, hopefully no properties flooded like yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

More torrential downpours here in Leitrim. A serious amount of water falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the showers are passing to the north of Dublin so looking dry for Croker.

Improving day with sunny spells and the temperature up to 24.1c

It looks like a stunning day looking south from my attic window towards the Costa del Bray, foehn effect.

The downpours are back, rain hammering outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Bring them on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Sunny,breezy and very dry yet again

Just had an intense downpour, sun back out now and steam rising up from the roads. Temperature back down to 21C after 23C most of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Big difference in the floods in the northwest and the showers in the south east. Bit of rain no harm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

That poxy wind back again. Blustery on the south east coast today sea was rough.

Another biblical downpour here at Dunshaughlin. I'd say we've had at least 15mm of rain since 4pm today.

edit: still pouring rain bouncing up off the ground and gutters overflowing. No tv signal and water gushing down both sides of the road. Heaviest rainfall i've seen in about a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another nice day in my part of Dublin, partly cloudy today with some nice sunshine and 23 degrees. We seem to be missing pretty much all the rain showers. This has been an exceptionally dry July in these parts

Advertisement