Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just to think this day last week we were enjoying 'scorchio' and now look - dull as dishwater weather😕

they say a week is a long time in politics well the same could be said for weather

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sryanbruen can I ask you is tree top walk good and is it really buggy/ wheelchair accessible?

Don't want to go all the way down and find it's not suitable for baby in buggy, but I know the 6 year old would love it.

Not a bad day in NCD, dull and windy but at least it didn't rain like the last two days so you could get out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Met Eireanns forecast is a lot dryer than the satellite looks. Plus they say showers in the North but the showers are rolling into the North and West. They keep making this mistake week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Not a bad weekend overall here in the south of Laois. Saturday was rather overcast after sunny spells to start the day though and we caught a splash of rain around 5pm or a little after, but it didn't last too long - 1.1mm from that. Max 21.6c

Yesterday we had three showers - 0.8mm from them. The sunny spells in between were very nice and temperatures peaked at 22.0c. Breezy at times, especially earlier on.

The northwest wind though got going late yesterday evening ushering in cooler air, today's max just under 19c. Dry throughout though and cloudy periods interspersed with sunny spells this afternoon. Felt warm enough in those, but when the sun went in you'd notice a slight chill in that breeze.

Happy enough with the weather over the past three days considering they weren't forecast to be overly nice. We've a festival running here in the town and thus are hoping it stays dry and mild with light winds - next weekend is very important.

We had a pretty horrendous weekend of thunderstorms with no thunder and about 25mm of rain on Sunday as yr.no predicted. Almost certain now that Irelands peak Summer is over. Around July 19th to 24th seems to be it and then the cooler temps and darker evenings slowly filter in from the North. Tonight will be 6c for example and any warm weather to come will likely not get near the 30c of 1995 when the whole month of August was sunny. This August looks mixed but not the total washout of many years. Some ridging means there will be days of 22 or 23c but other wet and breezy days of 20mm of rain. Nights won't be 17c like July either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grand ol’ stroll. Easy to do, fully buggy and wheelchair accessible. The place is nice, shame about the weather. Just try and go on a nice day unlike us. They close the slide when it’s wet like we had on Saturday. Remember to pre-book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Tonight's minimum temperatures 6c-11c. Probably be the coldest night of the month? Much prefer that to the very warm nights of a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Oh I just so hate when that kind of thing happens. We get such bad weather here [in Kerry anyway] that it's horrible when we think we're escaping only to bring it with us. Really hope for you Gonzo that it pans out better. I also hate to miss rare good spells and I missed the recent hot days returning to the return of rain on Saturday last. Luckily I'm a mad football fan and Kerry's All Ireland win hugely distracted me from focusing on weather. We need such a boost down here in the gloomy south west 😀 Today looked promising but wall to wall cloud now, but at least dry for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

It’s cool today!! Bordering on cold. 16 degrees and slate grey cloud horrible. Give me 30 degrees and sun any day.

I'll take 30 degrees without sun. Hell I'll even take 20 without sun. Between sun and heat, I'll take heat. I'll even take rain and heat if I have to though I do hate rain. But no heat and no sun, what we have today, is plain depressing.😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’ve decamped to the kingdom for a while and I think I’d be obsessed with the sun if I lived here full time. There’s clear weather moving in from the west at present so looks like a nice evening ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

At least, a decent day in North donegal.

Rained at about 8am, but been grand since. Light cloud and plenty of sun.

Good to hear NIMAN ye really have borne the worst of this summers very mixed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Nowhere got remotely close to 6º last night.

30º days and 17º nights rarely happen in Ireland. I know things have been bad up North but writing off the rest of the summer because we may not reach these temps again is a bit much.

Last year we got temps up to 27/28º all the way into September.

It's still only July and we've only lost 25 minutes of evening daylight. It'll stay bright in the evenings well into August. And could stay warm well into September. There's a whole month of summer ahead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Back in Eire on Friday and going to All Together Now in Waterford. Looks like it wont be a wet weekend anyway, maybe showers on Sat and Sun, could be a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I remember last Sunday i was in lidl and they had great air conditioning and when we walked out wooosh that wall of heat, was great, like getting off a plane in spain

I said tonight will be 6c not last night.

The air generally gets cooler as you head into August. By the end of August the sun sets at 830pm while in the NW in late June it sets at 1015pm.

Anyhow. The 27s and 28s may still happen but the average temperature peak has been passed. On average temperatures in Ireland are at their peak in the 3rd week of July. Let's see if its 6c tonight.

Sky certainly clear in NW today and the humid damp sleepless muck seems gone. Though it's returning at weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

A thick blanket of cloud all day here in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

It was slate grey alot of today in south Laois too, though it was almost flat calm for much of the day. It felt warmer today than yesterday even though maxes only got to a little over 17c today yet near 19c yesterday. The difference a breeze can make!

Today in Sligo. Nice day

And nice evening too

• Advertisement

Slate Grey 14 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭boetstark

A chilly 23c in St Brelades Jersey. Different horses , different courses. This would be a cracking day in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Can't remember the last time I opened the curtains to blue skies, seems to be a near permanent blanket of cloud this summer.

I know we have hardly any sunshine recording stations but would anyone know how we're looking for the summer so far? Surely well below normal

Well below normal in the Northwest and North close to normal in inland West away from coast and slightly above normal in the rest of country and above normal in the Southeast.

Just shows you how bad normal is! Here in the south east coast it’s another day of grey slate cool and showers nearby. Hate this weather

July has been a vast improvement on May and June in Sligo well bar that first week when it was dark and misty. Sunshine is low but its a lot warmer than Baltic June was.

likewise here. It’s been a decentish July. Probably 10 good days 10 average by which I mean at least it stayed dry!! and the rest meh

May was nice in Kerry. I'm always manic busy in my job in May but I always remember rain and there wasn't that much and how I dress and I was dressed lightly all through May. It all went downhill in June here in Kerry. I've been away quite a bit and I've probably missed most of the good bits, but overall it's been a poor, to at best, average summer so far here. In my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another day of thick grey cloud here in Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Where is the sun 🥲

Advertisement