Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Deleted wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yet another dull grey morning in Dublin. Back to Letterkenny this evening, from reading this thread I feel like Donegal has had a sunnier second half to the month than Dublin has

Currently cloudy here as well apart from a finger of the inishowen peninsula. Rain forecast for the NW later. Welcome home 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Grumpy post, deleted by myself, sorry Donegal Storm.

Post edited by Supercell on

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Back to the cloud today. Warm but I think rain is imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

After a really warm, sun filled morning, the clouds have started to move in on North Donegal at 1330.

Still the odd break in them, but feel this is the precursor to rain in the coming hours.

Nice couple of days though. Pity we get so few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

The past few weeks in Dublin have been mostly fine, just extremely dull with barely a sight of the sun most days. Maybe sunnier down where you are as it often seems to be but north of the city centre it's been predominantly overcast for what feels like a good 80-90% of the time I've been here

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

North Kilkenny, the occasional sunburst, mostly cloudy.

But a really pleasant, warm Irish summer's day. No complaints. Have had so much dry weather here this summer. That's a gift. You can do everything in pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I do think north Dublin misses out on the Wicklow mountain lee effect which often breaks up the cloud here. Sorry if my previous post came across as a bit snappy, please accept my apologies, thanks for replying nicely :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Rain falling for the last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I suppose at least it's warmer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Just back after 3 days in Amsterdam. The weather there was bascially very similar to the weather here in Ireland, every day around 20 or 21C with alot of cloud and a naggin wind. I probably picked the coolest 3 days possible to be there as it has been very warm there all summer until this week when that low that was over Ireland last weekend ended up around the Netherlands for the past 4 days. Today was my last day and the sun was shining properly and the temperature went back up to 23C.

On approach to Dublin airport this evening we glided through several cloud layers and when I could see the land around Dublin and Meath on approach I couldn't believe how brown the countryside has become, not much green fields, mostly brown or yellow. Looks more like what you would expect around London in terms of lack of green.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

And it looks like it will only get worse,it just can't rain in some parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Surprised by how heavy rain was today. We had 7mm in 2 hours from 4 to 6pm. Low amounts after that downpour.

A lot of people I spoke to today said the same thing "where did this rain come from so suddenly I thought the heavy rain wasn't coming until later"

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Lovely warm night. 19c still on the car temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Have to agree was in cork all day yesterday and it was certainly not a a beaut of a day. It was very cloudy spots of rain in the afternoon and a nagging wind the whole time.

Wow yesterday's rain in Sligo town of 11mm was fairly isolated. Next nearest totals were Newport 7mm and Belmullet 5.5mm.

Total rainfall for July is now 60mm in Sligo town.

Even more unusual was that there was 1.3mm in Markree and 1.4mm in Finner. Our garden was flooded so it wasn't a rain gauge glitch.

I guess my 11mm will never be known about since there's no Met Station in Sligo town. Still unusual to have 11times more than the nearest stations to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Morning started well down East but the gloom descended after a few hours. So so cloudy, where is the sun ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wet morning here in Meath.

• Advertisement

Up to 13mm since 4pm yesterday now. Misted all night with some heavy bursts. Not much in the way of sun today but tomorrow some areas could have a sunny day in the Northern half.

Of course BBC weather showed it sunny in Sligo after 10 today. Well as usual it's delayed. Might brighten a bit in afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I've yet to see a drop this weekend,it just can't rain here😂 hopefully this evening

The bright weather is facing a battle. BBC thought clearance from NW would just sweep down but rain coming up from the Southwest is scuppering that. Sunshine chance today very low as a result bar Northern fringes.

A fairly mucky day here in Meath, constant drizzle, no chance of a walk.

Rained on and off all night. Rain again this morning. Warm at 19C.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

A day like today is weather I hate with a passion. Humid,cloudy with drizzle. Though I hate it even more so during winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

shocking mucky night last night and today the same. I'm learning it's all about humidity and not really about the temperature. Las Vegas was nearly 40 degrees when I was there but it was a dry, dead heat and I actually kind of liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Cloudy but very humid in Dublin 7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Beautiful day in Galway City. Gin blue skies dappled with a few white fluffs and temps a hovering around a very pleasant 22c. Perfect summer weather.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Raining on the south east coast. Skies down to the ground again. Whilst I know holiday makers in Ireland aren’t here for the weather looking at some of them today you’d have to feel sorry for them.

Advertisement