Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid Weight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

Well done on the weight loss so far everyone! I’m going to jump on the bandwagon too. 13 stone is my starting weight and I’m hoping to lose 10-14lbs. My willpower wanes at times so hopefully I can stick with the plan this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Thank you! Do! Best of luck with the journey 🌟🌟🌟 I totally feel you, so hard to stay motivated/disciplined

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Just wondering how the Bodyslims program works, their website isn't hugely informative and I've seen someone has lost 6 stone in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Its actually a very basic formula food wise.

Low fat, low carb. You cant be slim and eat a pack of biscuits.

Very much focus on the headspace - you know you can do this. Why do you want to do this. Visualise what you will look like when you can do x,y,z. Stop making excuses - you are the one limiting yourself.

A mix of coaching, encouraging and facing up to your own shortcomings. He is very straight talking - people going on holiday for example and saying they cant do the program, this did not go on in a week, so why worry about a week?

There is a daily morning and evening video, a weekly talk (Wednesday) and lots of encouragement via snippets and quotes.

The person has to be in the right frame of mind to do it. If you are, it will encourage you. If not, there's no point.

Ger is an ex addict (alcohol) and knows all the avoidance measures people use to ignore their own problems. He is also a motivational speaker and is very engaging.

People have had some great results (google half of Carla or look on Instagram) but it is YOU who are in control. They are just there to encourage. You are asked to walk for an hour every day.

Some people say it is a bit of a cult thing, maybe it is, follow it and it works.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Some do and some don't. Same as any program.

Suppose it is down to where you are at and not really willing to answer for others.

Anyway, I'm down a stone, so no complaints here at the moment.

They do say to avoid negtive people or knockers and focus on yourself. Something in that allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I'd agree with all of the above. I'm doing Bodyslims too and have lost 11 pounds in 9 weeks. I might have been better but I wasn't walking as much as I might. My friend who has lost 6.5 stones after 40 odd years overweight swears by it. Her doctor recommended it. One of the seminars is on weight maintenance. If you have a difficult relationship with food and why you eat, the program is great. I don't have that difficulty but I can see how beneficial it is for a lot of people.

Thanks, sounds like its more of a mental program than nutrition based.

Hopefully it keeps working for you and is something you can maintain long term.

Majority overweight people metabolically unhealthy and before applying any program you need to figure out why. And if someone uses will power alone without understanding the root cause of obesity that might work for a short while only. That's my point.

Tbf approx 95% of ppl who lose weight gain it back again, plus some. It's a tough road but if you can find something healthy that works long term, stick with it. Trial and error I guess.

• Advertisement

Yay lost 2lbs this week, 10 down, 24 to go 💪 how are you getting on @Minier81?

Post edited by Pissy Missy on

Fundamentally any weight loss program needs to be a sustainable life style change otherwise no matter what some weight will go back on as habits slip.

Hunger, cravings, fullness factor, impulse eating, pleasure and pain all generated by Hormones and the endogenous opioid system. If you be able to reset and balance your Hormones and stop over stimulating opioid receptors. I can tell you would be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Not great so far for me@Pissy Missy but well done to you again this week,2 lbs is really good and hopefully sustainable too. I am due to weigh again on Tuesday but had not lost so far. I am very much aiming for slow and steady but not zero!!! I have not been motivated enough and not doing well enough at meal preparation. Fail to prepare....

I will state my loss on Tuesday, it will make me more accountable to myself if I do this.

It's definitely hard (if not impossible from my experience) when you're not feeling motivated enough. In terms of preparation, would it be helpful to have some (frozen) shop bought microwavable dinners and/or shop bought sambos to get you started, that way the prep is already done and the calories are already counted for you. Good idea with accountability 💡and thanks so much, was tired and sore over the weekend so decided to switch off and watch some movies and eat mindlessly, sometimes its needed. Hope you have a good week at it🌟🌟🌟

• Registered Users Posts: 4 frankie4

Hi starting my weight loss journey today, currently 82kg and aiming for 72kg by the end of august. Planning to do intermittent fasting and calorie counting any experiences or tips appreciated. Nice to be able to share experiences snd hopefully be kept accountable. I will be regularly exercising also.

Best of luck Frankie! Everyone is different and ppl have their own diet plan but I think making up batch dinners and freezing them can be helpful and if you don't have time/energy then buying ready meals/sambos/soups is helpful I find. I have a smart watch to keep me accountable to getting some steps in, it vibrates if I don't move for a bit (I try do at least 7000 - 10000 steps a day). I go for walks most days with my family members only for 40 minutes so the time flies. I'm doing approx 1200 kcal diet but nothing is off limits but Im trying to eat more whole food, fruit and veg and cut back on meat but have a very sweet tooth also so like my cakes and chocolates. I haven't sticked rigorously to the calorie controlled diet but have lost 10 lbs in 5 weeks and when I get to goal I'll be on 1500-1800 calories for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Welcome to the thread to you who have joined recently. I lost no weight last week but didn't gain either. I was doing great but then had a weekend away for my mam's 70th with family so celebrated with good food and drink. Hopefully this week yields some results.

Well done on no gain especially with the celebrating🥳 sounds like you had great craic so well worth it 🥰 best of luck with the next weigh in 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

10kg is a good chunk to loose in close to 8 weeks. Intermittent fasting with the right foods will be a big help. I've been doing 2 x 36 hour IFs a week with mostly ketovore since September and once you get into it and fat adapted its easy. If you can get up to a 3 day fast every 6-8 weeks it helps but can be tough

Yay lost a pound this week, delighted and wasn't expecting it! 😁

Coming out of lockdown I was 120 kgs. Dropped to 117, got injured and rose to 118.6.

5 Weeks ago changed diet, started walking, rowing, and light weights. Currently 113

184cm male

Great job!!! It can be so tough 🙈 I lost almost a stone the past few weeks, went backwards the following few weeks and gained half a stone, back at it today 💪

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I am finally back on the wagon, after a standstill first few weeks I am down 1.2kgs. Well done guys!!

And then I got stuck between 112-113 for 3 weeks.

Today at 110.9kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Well done on the losses. I'm treating September like a mini January and a chance to get back into healthy eating, more walking and less alcohol. Have just under 10 lbs to lose to where I was at the start of the year. I'm going to take some measurements as I know when the scales stall I get disheartened but my shape continues to change and seeing the cms go can be as rewarding as the lbs dropping.

Advertisement