Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scanner antenna.

• 01-06-2022 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a good scanner antenna for the roof at home. Would I be better with a discone or a dual band ham antenna like the diamond v2000. I had a cheap discone up before and wasn't impressed with its performance so I'm a bit sceptical about them.

Comments

What bands are you interested in ? I don't have an interest above Shortwave.

But for shortwave I highly recommend the Bonito MA305, it's a super antenna for it's size and doesn't need to be more than about 2 meters off the ground. Unlike a wire antenna this antenna has excellent signal to noise performance and is great for pulling in distant stations, they also sell a longer whip for more gain which I recommend.

Next up the chain from there would be the Bonito Megadipole, expensive but better signal and low noise, it needs to be mounted with the wires vertical and on a non metallic pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Poula

Thanks for that. I'm also interested in SW. I'll give these antennas a look.

Thanks. 👍

Advertisement