Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The grant needs to go!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I believe the grant allowed prices to rise significantly. I drive a Cupra Born, a 42k car after grant price which is a 50k car before SEAI and VRT relief. Its too much, its not a 50k car as we have known them before, that was a very nice 3 series, C class and Audi A4 money.

If the grant goes, prices will have to drop to stay where they are or we won't get anywhere near the number of them sold that's in the national plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭steinbock123

We won't get anywhere near the number of them sold that's in the national plan no matter what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭VikingG

It's going to cause even more upward pressure on prices....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Check out the price of a new C class like this one €83k for a fairly basic C220d

Think car companies are v happy not to sell in the numbers they did previously if they can make huge profit on each car. I agree most new car prices are off the wall. The C class has really low Co2 so it’s not down to VRT increased either.

I would expect prices of an EV that gets the grant now to increase by 5k overnight. We saw Tesla drop prices massively and it seems the reaction by other manufacturer is non existent. Used EV likely to increase - lots of examples of this already eg Kia EV6 GT line was just under the grant and then a price increase took it 65k list so used ones are fetching more than they cost new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Jizique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The question is how do you think the grant is reflected in pricing.

An example from the world of energy upgrades:

Customer asks: What is the price for wrapping my house with EWI?

Contractor, are you getting the grant (was 3 then)?

Yes

so 21k

no grant?

cash?

Sol how much of the 5k did the dealers/manufacturers etc snafu and how much did they give to customer?

An other real example from 1980's

House in Mullhudart on a Wed. 18k.

Jim Tully announced 1,000 pound FTB grant on Thursday

House in Mullhudart on Friday. 19k.

same applied when 1,000 grant for stoves.

year 1, installers took it

year 2: EU stove manufacturers jacked up prices

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

The only time you need a full VAT receipt is if your company is planning on claiming the VAT back. My understanding is that they're not claiming the VAT back on these yet (it's still a new thing for them - up until this year they only had a few EVs). Also with the charging network in the business (across different locations) a lot of people would charge more at work rather than at home so wouldn't be all the time.

Advertisement