Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple polishing cloth

Options
  • 02-06-2022 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

I was in an apple store in San Francisco last week and grabbed a polishing cloth ($19).

I was highly sceptical of it, but was interested in trying it out.

Long story short, it’s a decent cleaning cloth, extremely luxurious feel off it & it does it’s job extremely well. Cleans effortlessly and leaves the screen really well cleaned and totally smudge free without any moisture or cleaning products.

However I used it on my phone glass protector and if anything it exposed a number of micro scratches which I knew were there but have been highlighted by the fact any finger oils etc that were filling them have been removed. And small air bubbles under the protector.

Screen feels very much cleaner

Made me wonder why apple don’t offer their own range of screen protectors.

It’s absolutely overpriced & not for everyone but for those that value their screens and maybe have an oled tv (my reason), well worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'd imagine its because Apple make a lot more money replacing your screen when you scratch it or crack it than they would by selling you a screen protector. It would also lessen the claims that their latest glass technology is the best if they felt the need to sell you a screen protector. I used to always have one on my iPhones but with my 12 pro max I took mine off about 9 months ago and never replaced it, despite numerous bangs and scrapes its still in fairly decent nick with no real scratches at all. I have had the cloth though and it is pretty neat.

In fact, do any mobile manufacturers sell screen protectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

This is just the thing I was looking for, especially for my iPad Pro. I have a screen protector on my iPhone 13 Pro Max but the screen of the iPad Pro is naked! Can this cloth be used on an LG CX 55' as well?

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I use it on mine. Got it specifically for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Going to Boston in November and might treat myself! :-)

Advertisement