Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England International Cricket Summer 2022

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I turned it on at 10.30 this morning just expecting an early start and was a bit surprised that they'd left it at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Is the start 10am now tomorrow ?

Lunch on day 4… a purposeful start by South Africa following an absolute collapse by England…

Last 6 wickets just amassed 29 runs between them..

England only batted for 36.2 overs.

the Rabada wicket, sent upstairs…. If anyone wants to know why I’m constantly banging my head off the wall regarding cricket umpires and their outright incompetence… the clearest most obvious catch, ball flying off the bat at 45 degrees and nowhere near the ground.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Farcical going off in this situation. It needs to go back to offering the batsmen the option of staying or going.

Ridiculous, I know those two umpires have to report to the match referee but to bring every single person responsible for…

security, police

media, journalists, photographers, producers, camera people

first aiders

players, physiotherapists, team doctors, admin staff, support staff..

All back because we need another 20 minutes play, pathetic….

wouldn’t be impressed again by the SA team with their constant get togethers, gesturing towards various parts of the ground with furrowed brows for what seemed like 2/3 minutes each time….as if to suggest by way of some immense turn around in fortune or tactical masterpiece of thinking, they may not lose…

umpires again like two tailor shop dummies, standing facilitating it in abject silence…. Neither with the stones to do anything…. Absolutely shîte performance from both.

the law is… one warning… following that if the slow play offence is repeated a five run penalty is awarded to the batting side. So do it… if you can’t do it this evening after that carry on, when can you ? Does a team have to leave the field for ice cream. .? Before it’s actioned ?

• Advertisement

All over, England take the test victory and the series, 2-1.

a strange test.. all four batting innings saw sub 200 run totals posted… totals not nearing 200, with South Africa’s 169 the highest total.

ball swung a lot for sure but I don’t know, wasn’t till the the final innings strangely that one batting team got to grips with conditions. 48 of Crawleys 69 runs were amassed though 12 boundaries….121.05 was his strike rate.

normally batting gets more difficult just it seems there were 3 indifferent batting performances…

the next test cricket anywhere in the world isn’t till December. Supposed to get all excited about the T20 World Cup now, apparently.

Pakistan flying out of the traps vs England.. 83-0 after 9. From the bits I’m seeing it’s extra positive and determined, intelligent and savvy batting vs some real ineffectual bowling, England seemingly haven’t come close to getting a wicket here save a run out chance.

you have to think 200 plus is a given .

four wickets fall in quick succession so that’s my prediction out the window… Pakistan have butchered a great start

England vs India ladies match coming to a thrilling conclusion until… mankading.

All set up for a grandstand finish but Sharma mankads Dean.. ending the match…no warning as is customary and only a matter of inches out of her crease as the bowler enters her delivery stride…and opts to halt and mankad Dean.

Dominic Cork laying into Sharma, Lydia Greenway in no doubt too that it’s not appropriate…all be it slightly more diplomatically.

Charlie Dean the batter in tears and all fair minded cricket fans given the middle finger by the Indian team who still celebrate with absolute gusto, but look embarrassed as fûck as they shake hands with the English girls who fair play, could have walked off but make a point of going up to each Indian player and looking them in the face as they extend a hand to them. Indians shake and turn around away from the English girls just as fast.

Dagnall in his interview asks Kaur about the ending and she answers a completely different question, one she isn’t asked, slithery actions on the field and in front of the camera too. But..he asks her again fair play … “you didn’t answer the question” and she squirms and is very agitated at the prospect of having to face up to their actions. Cowards basically, if you want to end a match in that manner, own it and be answerable for it… they’d won the series and we’re favourites with England 9 wickets down to win this final match but… only two words..despicable…scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

India, not Pakistan but the sentiment was otherwise correct.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Pakistan this time but more skullduggery…

England looking good to chase down the required 167… so Pakistan start this craic of bringing captain, bowler wicket keeper and AN Other out to mid wicket of all places and start a two minute conversation… the middle of playing…pointing to all parts of the ground and sky, very animated 🙄

the umpires again without the stones to intervene, just a cursory word when the players decide they want to play cricket again. It works, England lose momentum and a wicket.

• Advertisement

So a 67 run victory and England take the series 4-3… don’t fancy Pakistan’s chances but I wouldn’t write off England…they don’t lose early wickets they’ll be tough to beat. Bowled impressively today too.

Advertisement