Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Eufy doorbell do I need?

• 02-06-2022 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Looking to get a Eufy doorbell to use wirelessely. There are so many different variations when I search, that I honestly don't know which one I should be looking at. Some seem to have something you plug in, and others seem to have a sort of box with it (sorry, I'm completely clueless and not sure what any of the parts are called!). I just want the easiest set up possible, that I can view from the phone. Can anyone link me to the one I should be looking for? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

No easy answer, with so little information. There is a comparison between the various models here https://support.eufylife.com/s/article/Differences-Between-All-eufy-Doorbells. I use the 2k battery powered wireless one. I bought it from Amazon but it is available locally.

While it is battery powered, you can also connect it to existing doorbell wiring, which is what I did. You get immediate alerts when someone comes within range and the "box" is used to store the video locally. The images are very good quality, even in low light.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

Thanks for that. It's definitely a battery powered one I want, I don't want to have to wire it, so I'll take a look at that comparison list now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

I have the same as NewClareman.

2k with battery and the homebase, but the bell also has terminals on the back to hardwire if you ever wanted. I'd recommend it.

At least one of the versions with the small plugin chime is only 1080 and that one (maybe others with the small chime too) don't have the wiring terminals so although you're getting a battery one if you ever wanted to wire it you wouldn't have the option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

I have the same one as newclareman and honestly there is nothing to wiring it in. You won't have to worry about disconnecting it and charging it every few weeks. It's disconnecting the existing doorbell and swapping the 2 cables over. Even get someone someway handy to do it. You will be much happier

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

Thanks. I'll start off on battery anyway and see how it goes before deciding whether to wire it. Appreciate the replies, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement