Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payees

Options
  • 02-06-2022 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We joined Bank of Ireland from Ulster Bank last November. We have a joint account. I created a number of Standing Orders which are currently operating correctly.

Now I want to send some extra money as a one-off transaction to one of the payees created for a Standing order and cannot see the payee involved - either through my ID or my husband's ID

Surely I do not have to set this payee up again in order to send money to them outside the Standing Order!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Payees would be listed separately from Standing Orders. To make an ad hoc payment it would be necessary to add this account as a payee. To do this please log into your account, select payments, add a payee.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 4 melom

So I DO have to set this organisation up a 2nd time as a payee. Bit ridiculous and time-consuming especially with your system which seems to want me to enter my pin on my phone whenever I take a breath using my account. God forbid that my phone would die! I'll be completely locked out of my account even though I mainly use it on my PC.

Thanks for the reply.

M. O'Malley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here.

Yes, it would be necessary to add the person as a payee on your 365 online to make an online transfer to their account.

We will certainly pass on your feedback.

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement