Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to grow jalapeños?

Options
  • 02-06-2022 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've recently started a wager with my friend. We are each growing the same amount of jalapeño seeds, and whoever grows the least in weight by the end of the summer has to eat everything they grew. The problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing. I have 16 seeds, which I've planted about half a foot apart, and I've been giving them about a quart of water every day (they are in a planter that's about 1.5x3 feet). I live in the Yukon, and it's currently about 20-25 degrees during the day and 10 degrees at night (Celsius) . My friend has a small greenhouse, so I'm not liking my odds of winning. I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Advice?

The wager is structured so that your least risky strategy is to fail completely. 😀

It's a good thing for you that the wager wasn't: the least successful grower eats the other person's jalapeños.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Join us over the chilli thread! https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058246782/chilli-thread-2022#latest my first year growing them too

Not sure what the length of the summer/light levels are but I’ll be honest it’s pretty late to be getting going - I planted in March and I thought I was too late!

Get yourself a propagator to give the seeds a head start in ideal conditions or at the very least germinate them under plastic before planting for the best beginning

Advertisement