Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein and how do they form a government dilemma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Bryan Dobson as well last year. So she has got nasty and thick with 3 different presenters, all of whom have different styles. She’s ok with cliche, sound bites, and the whole “let me say this” stuff she does, but simply cannot handle the detail. Doherty is the same. He’s full of faux anger, finger pointing and shouting, but has absolutely no grasp of detail either.

The emperor has no clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

she seemed weak, very weak. How so if you claimed her only weakness is chocolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I said it before, but SFs social media strategy is coming back to bite them. They whipped people up into a frenzy with their water charge protest groups on Facebook, their failed state narrative on Twitter etc. Those same people have now turned on them and are attacking them.

This x1000

SF watered and cultivated the angry online beast, and set it loose on the establishment and the ruling parties.

Everything is crap

Everything is broken

Everyone is corrupt

Ireland is a dump and failed state

Sure we have our own SF Lord Haw Haw is always going on about the power swap, the corruption, etc.. i.e. the electorate is stupid.

They rode the wave of this discontent and it brought them some electoral success.

But now, the same beast is eating them.

The story of Frankenstiens monster comes to mind.

They are Fucked, and I am delighted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I just listened again.
    It is actually extraordinary that PBH made a statement on behalf of the government(that audits were being carried out) and point blank refused MLMD a right to reply to that.

Hopefully Eamon Ryan (who made the same claim) will be pursued by decent journalists to see these audits and how they arrived at Coolock as a suitable venue for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Donnocha o Leary on redfm today getting grilled by prendeville on the parties new immigration stance, couldn't answer a single straight question. Gist of it is they want to to speed up applications and deportations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Checks thread title, yes, we are in the Sinn Fein thread.

Great that you accept that the Sinn Fein policy is threadbare, uncosted and MLMD hasn't got a clue, so you revert to whataboutery.

By the way, SF has half a page on transitioning to State-provided accommodation for refugees. Roderic's department has already published an 18-page strategy on how they will do that, it looks like SF didn't even read that first.

Does anyone know which are the well-off and well-resourced areas that SF believe can adequately take in refugees?

Does anyone have the list of local election areas where SF received the lowest percentage vote?

Is there a potential link between the two?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sure she could barely handle some pretty easy questions from Tommy Bowe last week

I asked the first part to my local SF TD on Twitter yesterday evening. In a polite manner. I see I’m now blocked.

I don't think a rolling situation can be costed blanch.

Which is why I wouldn't be looking for FG or FF or Green costing.
    It's not possible to know.

You can bullshit like they did on the Children's Hsp etc etc etc etc.

The problem needs fixing as it is destabilising already vulnerable communities, vulnerable because they are already deprived via government policies.

• Advertisement

Yeh, they'll tear it up coz PBH got snippy and rude. 😁

@FrancieBrady blaming the MSM media is a dirty old trick.

Hilarious as well.

You don't have an ounce or a shred of credibility.

No, but they will hide it as its becomes a joke, less than 24 hours after its launch…

I am surprised at the competence of SF lately. I thought they were well run for a time, but jesus, I think they were just lucky.

I wonder who they will be rolling out for interviews on Virgin etc over the coming days? Won’t be her anyway. Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire probably. Even though he’s not exactly excelling on this topic either.

Tripling the number of public servants is something that can easily be costed. I just gave it to you.

I had a look at the Sinn Fein plan, they envisage 800 extra public servants, which costs €56m. Simple as that. It could be a question on the Junior Cert Maths paper.

Q: If the average cost of a civil servant is €70,000, how much do 800 civil servants cost?

SF A: We don't know and can't be bothered trying to figure it out.

Yes, the problem needs fixing, the government is fixing it, see the 18-page strategy they have published compared to the back of a Belfast beermat half page from Sinn Fein.

I said on here a few weeks ago that Sinn Fein was still fighting the last general election campaign with its call for "change". The next general election will see the electorate considering that the government is fixing the problems but progress has been too slow. If the government is to lose the next election, it will be to a party which can credibly demonstrate that it has the ideas, the capacity and the capability to speed things up. Neither SF's policy nor it's record in the North or on local councils gives any indication that they are the party. Today's car crash on immigration only proves that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

As i said, none were difficult questions yet she still struggled. Wasn't much of a grilling at all so not great questions but a good interview as entertainment as she floundered so badly.

So what are the differences between the SF and Government audit protocols?

6 minutes in.
    PBH makes a statement, this is it word for word:
    'What people might misunderstand listening to you there is that these audits are actually happening already, this data is being used, there is a process of engagement and consultation that is ongoing…' (MLMD tries to interject) and he flat out denies her a chance to respond.
    We can all make up our own minds what was happening there tbh.

You didn't listen to the interview, plain as day.
    She didn't refuse to cost it, she contradicted what he claimed this extra staff was for.
    If an interviewer doesn't know how staff are paid then that I suggest is his own problem.

Mary Lou came on a flagship current affairs radio show having done no preparation and expecting her usual “I just want to say” and blaming the government for everything spiel to work.

It didn’t. She’s the leader of the opposition, her party only yesterday published a document on the hot topic of the moment, and she was rightly given a thorough interview on this. Same as we might expect Gavin Jennings or Sarah McInerney to give a government minister.

She failed spectacularly. Not for the first time either. I’m not a huge fan of PBH style and tone myself, but that’s not what the issue is here. It’s a lady marketing herself as the Taoiseach in waiting having so little grasp of details and getting rude and nasty when interviewed.

• Advertisement

Did you also listen to the interview?
    When asked by PBH was it not the same policy as the government to want to move from private suppliers to public supply, MLMD agreed it was, but that what the government say and what they do is not the same thing. They have had 5 years to do it and haven't. Look at the eyewatering figures being given to private entities released today.

The government published an 18-page detailed strategy four months ago, and you are castigating them for not implementing it by now?

Meanwhile, SF draft up half a page on the back of a Belfast beermat and MLMD can't even explain it! Don't think she is up for detail at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Best to leave MLMD where she is to cause more mayhem for SF. I don't want to see her replaced since I'd fear it could be by Martin Ferris or some other beardy supporter of violence against the State.

There was always an undercurrent of cordite from the lot of them. They tried to cover it up and dress it up with this that and the other "Change". The biggest non issue is their continual push for a United Ireland. I'd say the majority of people in Ireland have that on the lowest rung of their wishlist ladder right now.

Wonder what the backroom people in Belfast are thinking.

The rumour is that there is a sitting TD currently on the army council and it isn’t Mary Lou. So they would have a direct line from the Dáil to the boys in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I see we've now moved on to stealing the tactics of that great Friends of Sinn Féin fundraiser, Donald Trump.

MLMD's inability to accept being challenged on anything is actually all just a conspiracy in the lamestream media against SF.

This is the usual nonsense.
    I quoted PBH word for word making a statement on behalf of the sitting government which he point blank refused to be challenged on.

This one 'where are the audits and how was the likes of Coolock chosen over elsewhere' should run and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The usual nonsense on this thread is the mix of whataboutery and utter tripe you've posted for the past few hours to try adn deflect from MLMD having yet another disaster of a media performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭standardg60

The residents destabilise their communities themselves, it's nothing to do with being vulnerable claptrap or Government policy.

There was a local resident on PK yesterday who claimed the gardai had ladders and where climbing into the CP factory and setting fire to it themselves, people just needed to 'open their eyes ' to what was going on. I mean JFC how would anyone consult with these people?

The reality is that once opened the centre would have no affect on any of them, none, like every other centre doesn't. What the current protests and riots do reveal is the amount of feral scum that exist within our own communities due to generous SW and lax justice system. One only has to look at those charged with looting on the news last night, two of whom could only return to D1 to collect their dole on a Monday.

It seems that the media asked the wrong questions is the latest line!!

The only true thing that MLMD said was that she wasn't the minister. She probably never will be.

• Advertisement

Oliver Callan had a very reasonable community worker involved with residents for years on this morning. He categorically denied that there was any local consultation/communication.
    The Crown factory facility came as a total surprise to him.

Decent journalists would be trying to find out the truth, nobody in RTE Current Affairs seems bothered

Advertisement