Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retaining wall options

Options
  • 02-06-2022 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi im looking for some suggestions for retaining wall i need to build to stop soil erosion.ideally i would get a block wall built but after trying 3 local block layers none have even turned up to give me a price for the job,the wall wont be holding back a lot of weight its mainly to stop soil being washed away by the rain.the wall will be 20ft long and at its highest about 5ft.i did think about using gabions but they are to wide unfortunately.if anyone had any other suggestions id be very grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FortunaMan

There are a few retaining wall blocks you could probably diy.

Acheson & Glover bayfield or aspen.

Tobermore secura and secura lite.

Thay are all dry construction and would go on a 100mm of hardcore with clean stone and drainage pipe in behind. If you kept wall to 4 ft you would get away with the lighter versions of either block.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pmc8

Thanks for replying fortuna I'll have a look at those blocks

Advertisement