Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Callisto Protocol*** PC, PS5, PS4, XB One, XB SX/SS

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭BKtje

Interesting, I had no problem with the combat system for the most part on PC. I could dodge when I wanted but there were times when you'd be killed by an enemy you didn't see that came from behind or elsewhere. A quick turn would have been great alright.

The weapon change is clunky as you get more and more options throughout the game. When you're cycling between empty weapons in the middle of a fight it's a pain, but I didn't find it game breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finished it off, and overall I liked it. But it could have done with a few improvements to the clunky gameplay, weapons swapping and camera movement. By the end, I was glad it was over as it had kinda run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 the_covey

I'm twenty hours in and my overriding feeling of this game is that it's seriously rushed. Given it was made by a bunch of former Dead Space devs in the shadow of a remake of the first Dead Space about to drop, they probably had to kick this out the door before it had finished brushing its (many) teeth. Even after the performance patch (I'm playing it on a PS5 and the day one performance was horrendous) there's still a wealth of glitches and graphical issues that really should've been caught in QA, which leads me to assume there was barely any or whatever issues I'm seeing were caught but the game-breakers were prioritised for bug-fixes.

I'm having fun though and enjoying the sparse story but I'm constantly falling in and out of love with the combat. Hint to anyone playing this from the start, save your credits and rush for the block break for the stun stick (on the upgrade tree, it's the right prong second option), it seriously makes the combat so much better and easier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It feels like someone made an amazing 1-hour tech demo that looked so good it got Kickstarter funding to turn it into a full game, but the end result was just a longer version of that demo and never had the innovation to stretch out beyond its initial idea so it just repeated the demo 6 times in different looking areas to buff it out.

The Player needs to go to a new area. Let's have him fall off something, crash through the floor and be in the new area. That's cool. Now let's do that three or four more times rather than think of a compelling reason to go to a new area each time.

You find a locked door that needs a fuse to open and have to find it somewhere else. That's kinda cool like a mini key card puzzle from back in the day. That makes the game a bit longer and they see more of the level. Now let's do that ten more times.

Here is a two-headed mini-boss, he was really frustrating and annoying because he is a one-hit kill strike and movement is really clunky so it's hard to get away from him. Let's have him pop up five more times instead of thinking of a new one so he gets more and more annoying every time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As for that mini boss I see that they really put a lot of effort into making him harder by... adding resapwning thrash mobs during later encounters and changing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Ok so i'm on the 5th of the 7 chapters now . The combat eventually clicked . I'm gone back to thinking this at least a 9/10 maybe a 10 . Way it's going it's going surpass Elden Ring , ragararok & Guardians of galaxy to my game of the year . Atmosphere incredible and I think it's best looking game ever ? The fact that's it's so linear , lack of collectibles and maps etc is very old school will turn people off but i'm sick of being hammered with maps , hints , collectibles and protagonists not shutting the F**k up during games that this game is a breath of fresh air .

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone able to let know can you upgrade last gen versions of this ?

I got gifted the Xbox one X version of this instead of the series x version does not seem to have any smart delivery available?

Read on Reddit they expect you to pay again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I loved the main game . Anyone play the dlc ? any good ?

Advertisement