Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Caoimhe2

They went back 5 years when I was going through clearance last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭I am me123

Did they seek references from all employments in last 5 years? There is one position I held in last 5 years that I am pretty sure I wont get a glowing reference from (not a hse employment) and worried that that one employment will affect me getting a job. All my other references should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jane1986

Yep that's all that they asked me for, although I was in my current employment 6 years and the 1 before that 10..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Hoping someone can provide a glimmer of hope :(

Recruitment team got in contact with me today and said that one of my references confirmed my start/end date and that I worked there, but refused to fill out the form as it was against company policy.

That was my first job out of college and the only one I had after that was the one whose reference I’ve already provided. That manager did fill out the form.

They said they need one more reference off me, someone who will fill out the form. Does anyone have idea how to proceed or if they’d even accept college lecturer reference?

I’ve done a couple of internships so suppose I could put those down. And I worked in a beauty salon as a receptionist but that was 10 years ago part time.

Any advice? I’ll be absolutely gutted if this falls through after over two months of being in the process and not applying to any other jobs as a result :/

Post edited by Lollipop95 on

Results are out guys! Scored 23. Not holding out much hope at being called for interview. How did everyone else get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

No email yet. Hopefully they're sending them in batches and mine didn't get lost.

Just got the email, got a score of 59.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mumontherun

Anyone know from past experience what minimum score would be required to progress to interview stage?

".....We will now progress to inviting those candidates with the highest scores to interview. If you are to be progressed to interview at this stage, we will be in touch with you by email shortly." 

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

@Lollipop95 I used a college lecturer as one of my references for a Grade IV post as I didn’t have much work experience. They should accept a college lecturer from you too, just let them know as they’ll amend the reference form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deefe

Got my results this evening too....46. Anybody know if it would be likely I'd be called for an interview at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Nel2907

Hi there, i am in much of the same position. Except my score was 27, oh god I done terrible and the highest score was 79 with the lowest at 20. My application should at least help should it not? Can I ask how you got on since?

I got 23 and wondering the same thing. Anyone know if we stand a chance at interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 happybuddy

Got email there. Scored 51 so pretty much middle of the bunch. Hope it's only a handful of brainboxes that got the 60's & 70's!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mairead16

I assume these results will be divided up by county as well? It's unfortunate the email has so little useful information!

I done mine last year, scored 39, started with hse a month ago, you will get an interview it may just take longer.. it was 11 months between both for me, the interview is what really counts..

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

I got 47, I think that is enough to get an interview but I'd say it will take months. If you go back to the start of this thread, you can get an idea of how long it took for people to get to the interview stage.

thanks so much for the information guys. So fingers crossed I get an interview at least. Them aptitude tests are so nerve wracking. Was not confident at all but I think surley 22 year’s clerical experience should stand for something so I’m hoping for a chance at interview 🤞 Recruitment freeze is on so I know there is no jobs at the moment but maybe sometime eh! Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LAC95_

I got 58, wonder if that is enough to be called to an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mairead16

Does the recruitment freeze apply to this campaign? Did anyone ask officially?

Yes, from grade 3 up. If you Google it you’ll get the information but there is also a lot of info on this thread. I think read something about 12 months but surley job vacancies still need to be filled. Just have to wait a little longer maybe

• Advertisement

I scored 23 so would you say I'd be in the running to be considered for interview?

I would like to say to people try not to get too disheartened if you are not happy with your score. Some people are good at aptitude tests but crap at interviews, and vice versa. The aptitude test is simply a way for them to decide who they will interview first, it doesn't mean you won't get one at all. For example back in 2017 I applied to the local county council and I did extremely well in the aptitude test, but I did shite in the interview so I was placed pretty low on the panel. I did get offered a job but it was like 9 months after the interview and it was only a temporary contract, by which time I already had a full time job so I turned it down. At the end of the day even if you get an interview 6+ months from now the interview is what really counts, not the aptitude test.

Thanks @Captaingoal I actually provided them with internship contact details and also said I could give them a reference from a lecturer and also another internship contact details if either of those didn’t suffice.

I emailed the recruitment team yesterday and thought they would email back to confirm they would contact the internship company or request my college lecturer details, but haven’t heard anything since.

Starting to get a little worried as thought they would’ve gotten back to confirm either way. I’m in a bit of a limbo now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martinak23

Hi just a quick question i have been offered a job for clerical officer with the hse and agreed to start on the 22nd i have a family wedding on the 8 December just wondering will this be a problem and who i should say it to service manager rang me and said she be letting me know closer to the time who ill be reporting to is that the person i should say it to or should it be the service manager ? Thanks a mill

I'd say it to the service manager, they can make a note of it then..

I would imagine so, it's the interview that determines your place on the panel. You might be waiting a while like I was but it'll be worth it. I was 17 months from when I first started the process to starting work, a long haul but worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tirara

May I inquire about a matter regarding my application for the TCO programme for the year 2024? Having completed the initial assessment phase, I am currently awaiting the scheduling of my interview. Regrettably, my mobile phone screen has been damaged, rendering me unable to answer calls. I observed that I had received two calls from an unrecognised number. Could these calls possibly be related to a telephonic interview? Or is it customary for the interview details to be communicated via email or SMS?

Did anyone hear the news that they're now extending the freeze to all categories of staff? Announced this morning. Could this effect those of us who are in the last stages of the recruitment process?

Deleted

Post edited by Lollipop95 on

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I would appreciate any input here

Question regarding references.

I am pretty sure I won't get a glowing reference from one employment in the public sector from two years ago. (Contract was terminated). Just wondering will one poor reference cost you a job offer?

Advertisement