Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Went on the panel 5 years ago. Got an email to say I would be called for interview shortly. I'm still waiting on the call😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coolshoes47

Currently, a grade 3 in LA. Got called for an interview (score was 56), so will post questions when I'm out the other side. Just working through the competencies, kinda hard to figure out what they can hit me within 25 minutes...

If anyone has any hints, I'd be grateful!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

Hi All,

I scored 51 on the online assessment and have just been called for an interview so it is moving very fast I didn't expect to hear anything for months. It is a teams interview so if anyone has been through the same any advice would be great.

I'm not clued up on the clerical officer process, I take it if I'm successful in the interview I will be offered the clerical role I applied for in the first place in my area and if not am I put on a panel? Or could I be offered something else completely? Are the roles always Full time as the one I applied for was Part time?

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eoh70

Looking for interview tips too if anyone has been through the Teams interview process? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

Scored 56 and got notification of interview next week, I’m in Tipperary. Anyone gone through the process already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

I'm meath and got 37. Fingers crossed i might get an interview at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Do you mind me asking what county you are in? I don't remember it being advertised as part time but I may be wrong.

I’m in Sligo but the post was in swinford Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Went through it last year and on the Tipp panel since waiting on a call - fast paced interview 2/3 people interviewing - general questions about the HSE then go through competency based questions - only about 25 mins long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've been through a few (including this one) now. It's very competency based and they will ask further followup questions on your competencies so be sure to know them well. It's good to use examples that fit the needs listed in the prep document as well as you can. It's very fast paced as jkmanc said, the time absolutely flew past.

Don't forget to have your ID ready to go and have a glass of water with you - you'll need it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

Thank you for the info! Gosh a year is a long time, hopefully you get the call soon! first time applying for this so a bit unsure of process.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Yeah as I mentioned somewhere it seems to be a slow process especially compared to other more in demand parts of the HSE such as healthcare assistants and general support staff, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wickowmom

hi scored in the 50’s and have an interview, would be grateful if someone could post examples of questions asked during interview. Are they all competency based?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

I scored 56, have my interview tomorrow. If anyone has any tips on what kind of questions they ask I’d really appreciate it, feeling pretty nervous now 😬

Did they ask many questions about the HSE, I’ve seen someone previously said they ask how many regions within the HSE and how many people the HSE employ, do they ask much more in dept than this?

I didn't get any questions like that, there were some questions about GDPR and the complaints procedure and where you could work within the HSE though this could change for each group of interviewers.

The interview follows quite closely to the prep document. Mine had the 3 competencies mentioned as most likely to come up and they tell you who will be asking what and they introduce the competencies too so if you have your examples prepared you can launch into them. They asked a few questions about my answers too so be prepared for that.

My board was really nice and it went by pretty quickly. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi all,

Does anyone know after the interview are you placed on the panel from your score at the interview or from your score on the first assessment?

I checked the additional info document from a grade iv panel I interviewed for recently and it says your panel number comes from the interview. The assessments just gives the order you'll be invited to interview in.

I actually did not get asked anything about the HSE, I was disappointed because I had prepared stuff for it. It was all just the competencies. Anyone know how long it will take to find out results?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wickowmom

Would you mind posting an example of the questions they asked you please? Just trying to figure out how they are phrased? Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

How did the interview go? Did they just stick to the competencies and did they ask for one or two examples on each? I’ve my interview next week I’m so nervous- not the best at them!

It went ok, two interviewers they each went through the competencies just asking vaguely “give an example of a time your provided a quality service” etc then they would ask a few questions about your example. It could be different for everyone as I didn’t get any questions on HSE whereas others did.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eoh70

Anyone have any more insight as to how the interviews are going?

Hi all,

Just completed interview, two interviewers and one note taker, all competency based questions no questions on HSE. If you prepare work examples of the list they send you before the interview you will be fine.

@Tinchy thanks for that. I’ve got mine tomorrow I’m so nervous! Did they ask you one example for each competency or did they ask for a second example also?

Did they tell you when you would find out the results? I had my interview on Friday but haven’t heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lilyhouse

Had the interview today. It is exactly the same as the spec, exactly. 2 interviewers and 1 note taker. All very nice. Asked to see ID . The first question was - What has your past jobs thought you? - I kind of was not really ready for that way of asking, "tell me your work history" or "tell me about your current position". Of course sitting looking at it now its easy enough but when your nervous and not the exact prepared answer you had in your head it could throw you.

The next few questions where 1.Give an example planning and managing resources. 2. providing a quality service. 3. Evaluating information and decision making. re the last question asked Could you improve on that. (Tried to give a couple of examples to the first 2- it eats into time). What I would say is trying to embellish some highbrow James Bond situations not required just simple things as long as it showed some kind of positive result - that way no pressure and stress trying to remember gobble gook - be honest and yourself- well that's my opinion!

Then asked

Did you get much of a chance to talk about your competencies or did they interrupt you a lot ?

No they didn’t, hope it won’t be too long it will be interesting as not sure if I waffled a lot 😅

• Advertisement

Don’t worry they were really nice. Yes I gave an example of each competency then they asked further qs like ‘and what did that teach you’ ‘how would you see that skill transferring to CO role’, basically expanding on each competency. Have water ready!

Advertisement