Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Lan Link Fault

• 04-06-2022 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a HKC securewave alarm installed in my house and it works very well. But for the last 5 nights in a row it appears to loose Wi-Fi signal. Each morning on the phone app it shows “lan link fault”. When I check the log it shows it goes into fault at 2:59 precisely on all occasions and “link ok” message shows then at 6am give or take a few seconds on each occasion. Can anyone explain what might be causing it? It’s clearly a Wi-Fi issue but isn’t it odd that it’s almost exactly the same time each night? Is it my alarm or Wi-Fi the issue? Hope someone on here has seen this before and can offer a fix for it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the system is connected on wifi it polls HKC server every 30 seconds.

If it loses/misses the poll you will get a Lan fault. This itself is down to your service provider as apposed to the alarm itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭geoweb2k14

Hi Altor, thanks for that information. I decided to unplug my Wi-Fi router and left it out for a few mins to reset itself. I plugged it back in on evening of 4th and haven’t had a “Lan link fault” since. As you pointed out it’s clearly the service provider and not the alarm itself. Might be a useful fix to others who experience the same issue. Thanks for your help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Yes, it would be the service provider so hopefully this solution helps other people reading this.

Advertisement