Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch Terminal Connection help T568B

Options
  • 04-06-2022 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Could someone kindly guide me on the wiring order for this connector please. I’m connecting from this router to the garden room and was advised to buy this to go with my exterior cat6a.

the company are great to deal with - just didn’t get a chance to ring them Fri and want to get this done over weekend.

As I describe it, the long wires are on the bottom and short wires are on the top. Can you someone guide as to what order they should be in from left to right as is in the picture. Thank you so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

There are two standards for CAT cable termination : T568A and T568B

I understand that bottom row on label is facing you side, top row is facing away. Those little arrows pointing the rows

As per your image, green pair and orange pair are as for T586A pin-out. Other two pairs mixed up

For T568B you should have Wor,Or,Wbl,Bl facing you( left-to-right). Complete top row to match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

Thanks so much. Just couldn’t figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Looks good now

What connector is that(link)? Does it not take shielding into "play"?

Advertisement