Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle license

Options
  • 04-06-2022 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am in charaville co cork .I bought .22 and waiting 4 weeks now and heard nothing back.anyone know how long it takes.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just wait, could be 3 months.

If all your ducks are in a row it will come good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Maximum is supposed to be 3 months, in reality I tend to start chasing in the latter half of the second month and my district(not Cork) usually takes the full 3 months for everything(non restricted, restricted, renewals, etc).

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

(1) On what date did you submit your application?

A) Powers that Be, have 3 months from your application to answer Yea or No. If you get no answer within 3 months then it is A REFUSAL

B) By law they are, or they are not, required to give you a written refusal, depends on which part of the act that you read (typical Irish laws), even though the Commissioners Guideline state that a WRITTEN comprehensive explanation must be supplied

C) Did you get a receipt, or written acknowledgement of your application?. If not, the PTB, contrary to law, have decided that the 3 months only begins from when they decided to answer your application, not when you submitted it

(2) If any answer to any part of (1) above is no, then welcome to the Irish Firearms Acts (with amendments and EU laws), and you must look forward to going to court.

Apologies for the bad news, but too many people have bent over backwards to excuse ILLEGAL activities by the PTB, and they (PTB) have got the idea that laws do not apply to them, so they get emboldened to try to to push further in the hope that you will not push back against them.

How much do you want It?

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Advertisement