Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Size Gi

Options
  • 05-06-2022 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to start BJJ however I'm finding it difficult sourcing a Gi that will fit me.

Height: 6'5

Chest: 58"-60"

Waist: 54"

I've seen that Fuji and Tatami have A6 size Gi's but would anyone know if it's possible to get an A7?

Thanks,

Huza

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

A Tatami A6 should work, check their size charts, but it goes up to 6’7 and 145kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Iguarantee

I'd recommend going to the bjj club and seeing if there's anyone every remotely your size there to try on their gi.

Size charts are a guideline, I'm an A4 according to every size chart ever made but in reality A3 fit better across the board except one brand. Also, sizes do differ between brands so an Atama A4 is not equal to a Tatami A4 or a Scramble A4 etc.

You don't necessarily need a BJJ gi if you're just giving BJJ a go. A judo gi may be more readily available in your size? Worth a shot. I'd expect Karate or TKD uniforms will be torn to shreds so I wouldn't bother with one of those.

Enjoy BJJ by the way, it's great fun :)

Post edited by Iguarantee on

Advertisement