Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cult of Stephen Kenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭Gusser09

The really frustrating thing is with Idah not being great Ferguson will probably start for brighton in their next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Yes attendances in general are higher than they have been but the FAI could support the league better and the junior leagues.

Where exactly do you think that international players will come from in the future? Do you not see value in supporting the development of home grown irish players through the junior leagues and yes into the League of Ireland even if the standard isn't as high as you would like, they have to develop and learn which they can do in the LOI even if they have to go abroad to gain experience at a higher level yet shortsightedness like you demonstrate here sees the league ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

After all is said and done this is easily Kenny's best 45 minutes as Ireland manager. We should be winning and if Ferguson was fit I'm sure we would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Like the cut of Ogbene. He has good skills, quick feet and an engine to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ireland had a couple of other chances to score in that half that any properly good team is putting away all day. About as much cutting edge as a butter knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

From looking at things I'm gonna stick with my prediction of a 3-1 win for the Dutch. I've not yet rowed in on the Kenny issue but we do not have the squad to expect results against the French or Dutch.

Thats the frustration. If Ferguson starts for Brighton next game questions should be asked.

Backs to the wall in defence now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cms88

If another manager other than Kenny who didn't come from the LOI were getting the same results he is would we hear the same complaints?

I'd also love to know who the anti Kenny crowd think would do better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

So far Damien Duff and Roy Keane have been suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Duffy plays Dumfries onside and gets easily beaten at the near post by Horstbox, nice.

Shane **** duffy playing the onside again. Wtf like.

Its not about being anti kenny lads. Forget that.

Its about the shocking results record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I think you're the only person in Ireland that's shocked that Ireland are losing to the Netherlands.

No im not. Im not even shocked anymore that we make the same mistakes at the same times in games. Its to do with the management. Its a trend it hasnt been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If vera pauw gets sacked after getting the women senior team to the world cup ,how the hell can anyone defend Kenny he's done nothing,and got us nowhere why defend him, he's shown time and time again he's not a top manager regardless of wether he's from the LOI or not ,

Surely to god its time to go two up top.

Jamie McGrath. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,956 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

'' we all love a happy ending''

wtf

There you go. Get ready for another incoherent interview. 20th debut handed out.

He'll have to go. He will go.

Followed by his worst 45 minutes as Ireland manager.

Time's up for Kenny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

Another loss. The guy is absolutely useless and needs binning. Professional footballers deserve better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I didn’t catch that but I assume it was Maloney, what an absolute clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,956 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

And now for the US Open Final, from 11 losers, to the GOAT, Novak .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Ronnie Whelan is always a bit of yes man, an FAI man. Maybe he has eyes on some role there?

So can anyone predict Stephen's speech this time?

Madness this.

Jamie Mcgrath shouldnt be on the field. Manning should be our left back and should have been for a while now.

Failing to breakdown the opposition and not changing the approach. Tine after time.

It'll be an interesting few days but i think the new manager should be given the last few games.

Throw it all at the nations league with a proper manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Didn't get to see it but did follow it online. His decision to play Duffy seems to have backfired on him. I think it was correct to give Kenny time but at some stage we have to say it hasn't worked out.

RTE going easy on Kenny. . . . Almost as if they don't want to call for the inevitable.

Yeah. Tony o donoghue the buggest culprit. Hamann and Sadlier laying into him though.

3rd group. 3rd time weve been out of it with half the games remaining.

His decision to play Duffy is something he has to own.

Hes going to have to go. A fresh face who can instill a bit of steel and belief in order to get results over the line.

Just poor team selection and poor changes.

Oh and the interview with Stephen will be a car crash as usual. O'Donoghue will obviously baby him though.

O'Donoghue never had a problem laying into Trappatoni or O'Neill.

Didi Hamann has just stated what everyone knows. . . If Kenny wasn't from the LoI he would be gone by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

2 shots on target in 95 minutes of football….

the team needs a fresh injection of ideas and confidence.

We’ve played 5 matches in this group, only scored 5 goals, only amassed 5 points out of 15… we are second from bottom…..

get someone new in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement