Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Amp for 2 pairs of speakers

• 06-06-2022 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭

Wiring for a large L shaped room. Planning to have 2 speakers in the top of the L, 2 speakers in the bottom right of the L. Use case is we'll either be in one section of the room or the other, and want decent sound when in either. Both sections of the L are about 4m x 5m, 3m ceilings. On party occasions, might have both pairs on, same source.

We're not audiophiles. I'd like something simple that has 2 zones. If I could plug Google chrome cast into it that would be fine, could then control.from.phone. Ideally the amp itself would have an App to allow volume adjustment, zone 1/2 on/off etc.

Some of the AV receivers seem to have 2nd zone, but wondering if there's any amps for sound only that fit the bill?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Why not just a good wireless speaker for the stop and bottom of your L shaped room? Sonos, Bluesound and other speakers will meet your needs and are linked very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Sorry, just seeing this now.

It feels to me like the 2 parts of the L will be like their own room, so each nees a speaker pair. On wired/no wired....I just thought while getting the place re-wired that wired speakers would make more sense, and give more flexibility. Plus, wireless speakers still need power, so wireless is not that big an attraction for me, all things consdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Have a look at some of the KEF wireless speakers, KEF LSX II or KEF LS50 II wireless. They are typical speaker pairs with super sound and look great. You can use Amazon, Spotify and Tidal directly on them. And you can "pair the pairs".

For traditional wired speakers, you might be consider using two network streaming AMPs (one amp for each speakers pair). Plenty of choices out there, depends on the budget. NAD M10, NAIM Atom, Bluesound Powernode, ........ They can pair.

Advertisement