Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to dig out shrubs to make way for a garden Room

Options
  • 06-06-2022 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, need to dig out some shrubs to make way for a garden Room. Shrubs are healthy and vibrant so it's a bit of a shame..

However, I haven't really got a clue how to do this.. do I have to dig way down to take out as much root as possible? Or how do I go about it?

It's not likely to be a concrete foundation or anything. Some cheap slabs maybe??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

With a very few exceptions if you just cut down to below ground level you should be ok, unless you need to take the level down for foundations or whatever. There may be one or two shrubs that would survive being cut right down and slabs put on them, and send out a sucker, but very few. What shrubs are they?

Advertisement