Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delayed flight

Options
  • 06-06-2022 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Our flight last week was delayed. Meant to fly at 5.45am Sunday & ended up going at around 20.00 Monday.

Airline has offered the €400/person as per eu regs, up to 180 travel expenses for taxis to/from airport +200/person vouchers for future flights.

Was a nightmare but we're on our holiday & was 2 weeks so not the end of the world. I feel sorry for those only going for 1 week though.

My questions though is, I got an email from the travel agent with details of the delay & reason in case I want to claim off insurance. We have insurance but considering we are already getting compensation is there any point claiming off insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Depending on your travel insurance, they won't pay if you've already been compensated by the airline and will seek evidence you have tried to resolve it with the airline/travel agent.

I think you have been offered a generous compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭raxy

Forgot about this post.

I put in a claim, included what compensation we were already getting.

Took months but eventually got €200/person compensation.

Advertisement