Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence Question

Options
  • 07-06-2022 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi all - I just want to check if I'm missing an obvious solution !. I'm looking to "hide" out A2W heater in the back garden. Top-loader so ok to box-in a little. I'm thinking if a 1.8x1.2 fence panel - anchored at the wall with u-brackets. Would a spike holding an upright do for the other side ?. I need to be able to slide the fence up for access/maintenance.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks, K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you had two fence panel pieces, hinged or fixed with angles in the middle, slot the edges that meet the two walls into U brackets. Drill through the outer edge of the fence panel and put a pin/bolt through bracket and fence to hold it. You would be able to take out the bolts/pins and just lift the entire thing away when you want access. I don't think on a structure that size you would need a middle post, the angle would strengthen it.

You obviously would not be able to reach a nut on the lower part of the the structure, which is why I suggest a pin for the lower parts and a bolt to hold it all at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Couple of pallets job done :-)

Tongue in cheek but not such a stupid suggestion as they will hold up on there own. May be a screw eye on each wall then zip tie the pallets together for the joint and to the wall.

Now the pretty bit. Just the pallet base for a bamboo screen something like this

Thats about the size you need https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Artificial-Fencing-Screening-Outdoor/dp/B06XJQH8LH/ and is the most basic bamboo screen. You can get fancier if you want to pay more.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Am i the only one who thinks the heater looks quite aesthetic as it is?

If the walls were painted/screened would look a whole lot better. I definitely wouldn't be driving in a spike with all that cabling.

Advertisement