Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City centre workspace for one day

• 08-06-2022 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm heading up to Dublin city at the end of the month for a few events. I have a hotel booked and will be able to work and take calls from there 2 out of the 3 days I am up there. I have an event on in the Bord Gais energy theater on the evening of the final day and intend on driving back home afterwards. The issue I have is that I need a space to work for that final day in Dublin before the evening event. I'm in IT so will need to be able to make calls without bothering others around me. Can ye recommend any places around the canal square area that would be ideal to use for work purposes. I am aware of the Bank of Ireland work hubs but unfortunately they have yet to reopen since covid hit and the other work hubs I have come across are focused on more than a single day use. I know that a coffee shop or a library might work but with the need to make calls I'm just looking for some more recommendations in case I'm missing something!

Thank in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

This looks like a good overview of options:

https://coworkingmag.com/ireland/coworking-space-dublin/

I have no personal experience with shared workspaces, but from that our does seem booking for a single day is not that really available, but there are a few mentioned that do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Ask about a free trial for the day you need it in one of the more corporate coworking options in the area

The tara building next to Tara St Dart Station and Huckletree on Pearse Street offer one day passes

If it was me I would try the Alex Hotel on Fenian Street and ask to use the Work Hub there just off the reception. It shouldnt be a problem if you buy coffee and snacks from the bar and is a little bit better appointed and more comfortable than a coffee shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Thanks so much for the responses! I have a few options now to explore. I'll look in to all of these and see. Appreciate the help!

Advertisement