Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do if my phone provider can't get a response from Eir about a line fault?

Options
  • 08-06-2022 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am going out of my mind here! Broadband and phone line dropped out on Saturday night. I reported the fault to my provider on Sunday and after several calls and a lot of turning it off and turning it on again they finally admitted there was a line fault and said they'd have to call Eir and I'd here from someone on Tuesday. I'm working from home and can't keep relying on my mobile hotspot. Every time I call my provider they tell me they've marked it as a priority but haven't heard back from Eir. It's been 5 days without Internet and counting.

Am I at their mercy? Is there anything I can do?

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Isn't it 5 working days for them to resolve a fault, Monday being a public holiday also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Head_wrecked

I wouldn't mind if they told me that. What I keep getting told is that I'll definitely hear from someone tomorrow. Then nothing until I call again, at which point they tell me they're still waiting on a response from Eir, but someone will definitely be in touch tomorrow...

Advertisement