Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party at home-buffet-what division of dishes?

• 08-06-2022 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Hi-hope someone can give me an opinion on this.

We’ve hosted a good few people at the house before but never for a buffet type meal.

I was just going to do a basic chicken curry and something else. Don’t know what else yet.

Without asking guests what they’d like in advance, how do you decide how much of each dish to prepare? I don’t mind some leftovers, but don’t want loads of waste.

There’ll be about 50 of us.

I was thinking 30 portions of each dish? Can freeze leftovers.

What are the chances 50 people will want the same thing?!

Maybe we shouldn’t offer a choice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I my experience, most people will have both - on the same plate, all mixing together.

Did something similar where I did a spicy beef stew and a Thai green chicken curry, I think. I couldn't stop people dolloping both onto their plates, even though I gave the servers strict instructions not to do this - people just wanted both at the same time!

People won't eat quarter as much salad leaves as you expect.

30 of each would be loads.

Advertisement