Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New license application FCA1 querie

Options
  • 08-06-2022 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have purchased a rifle from a dealer in the UK. In section 3.3 - the source of Firearm I have put the dealer's name. In the next box, it's asking for the dealer's pulse No. Do I leave this blank or can I put the company's registered Number down instead. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭GooseB

Write "out of jurisdiction" in that section. I asked the same question to my local FO when importing from Germany and that's what he told me to write. When I handed in the form I did include a sheet with the dealers full address, email, phone number, etc. just in case. Never had any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Dont want to take this off topic, just wondering as mainland Britain is outside the EU now, have you factored in Taxes and custom duty, has the seller mentioned anything about exporting difficulties in sending to Rep of Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Don't put down the registered number(that space is only for PULSE IDs), simply put N/A or similar, and explain on a separate sheet that the dealer is in the UK, and add the name, address, contact info to that separate sheet.

Your FO may ask for a copy of the UK dealers firearms dealer documentation(cannot recall the right name), but usually not.

If they do then just ask the UK dealer for a scan of their dealers certificate and forward that to the FO.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Thanks for the information guys.

As far as I know, the dealer has an arrangement with another dealer in the North and is sending it there so honestly dont know if I will need to pay any taxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Do you plan to sort the import paperwork yourself? (If you don’t mind me asking 😁).

whilst I’m being nosy what ya buy? 😋

Got an Irish contract, Lee Enfield. Ill will see what is easier with the paperwork.

Advertisement