Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea if there is a way to speed up the application of a BOI credit card and express the card?

Options
  • 08-06-2022 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm going to Italy Thursday the 16th of June and need a credit card to rent a car. My partner and I have excellent credit and a BOI mortgage, yet the application process for the BOI credit card is taking ages. We were informed you could get approved in 24 hours and although we signed up last Friday its still pending 5 days later. My parter got approved for an AIB credit card in less than 24 hours two days ago and it is on its way, but unfortunately read the contract of the rental afterwards and it says credit card has to be in the name of the main driver. Long story short we are running out of time and are hoping someone can lend some helpful advice, whether it be getting BOI to get the card processed or perhaps there's another physical credit card we could get by next Wednesday that someone could please recommend? We've rang Avant, An Post, Permanent Tsb and rang BOI loads, but no one seems to work in the credit card department or know how to answer questions after waiting on hold for 30 min. It also seem to be everyone takes 5 to 7 working days to even mail the card after approved (except aib who seem to be on the ball). Your tips would be great appreciated., 😊

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,346 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Would a pre paid Mastercard work for car rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

It's not the answer to your question but,Centauro, Hertz and Sixt car rental, accept Debit cards in most countries, try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenny617

Thanks Mick 🙂 Unfortunately the car company we went with (Leasys) don't take prepaid or our bank cards 😭 Only mastercard or Visa credit cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenny617

Hi Tabby, thank you. 😊 Yes we may may have to go that route and cancel the car we booked unless a miracle happens. Unfortunately those car rental places charge around 1k for small cars, whereas our pre booked Jeep Cherokee was 580! Like dopes we didn't realise how backed up the credit card departments are. Should have applied weeks ago. 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Jenny617,

Thanks for your post.

We are currently processing extremely high volumes of applications which can lead to longer response times. Updates on your application are available on the Application Tracker or you can call our lending team on 0818200334.

Thanks

Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement